How do you plan to limit the damage

Ktp

So I have 3 Christmas parties coming up, I know I will be using flexible syns those nights and cutting down on syns durning the week.

I have a massive pot of Super Speed Soup, anyone else got handy hints so I can keep losing weight before Christmas??

I think i should try taping / stapling my mouth shut then i can only consume drinks or soup lol

Drink green tea! Eat scan bran (some yummy ways to use it in the recipe section, the microwave cake is good!) and get making more of that soup:D

I'm going to be really irritating and just say - continue following the plan once you've got those parties out of the way. If you're following it 100% you'll continue to lose :)

I am planning to have Christmas day off and I have a meal on New Years Eve but otherwise I am going to try and stick to plan and I hope that will cancel out any naughtiness on my days off.

Eamoo said:
I'm going to be really irritating and just say - continue following the plan once you've got those parties out of the way. If you're following it 100% you'll continue to lose :)

I am planning to have Christmas day off and I have a meal on New Years Eve but otherwise I am going to try and stick to plan and I hope that will cancel out any naughtiness on my days off.

That's not annoying :0) it's the truth!

yep that's what I've done, followed the plan as it is, as I normally follow it. No point in suffering afterwards... that's not a positive attitude to take. If you don't lose a week its no big deal! Christmas dinners are usually only once a year. I think getting back on track is the hardest thing to do without making it really hard for yourself to "recover" x

I used to go for a 'no syns' for a few days before & after approach. Now I just get straight back on plan and have all my syns. Depriving yourself with no syns just feels like punishment and that achieves nothing but making you feel miserable. Just my opinion but getting back on plan 100% is the way to go. With flexible syns you have to accept that you may gain or maintain rather than get a loss.

Be more active. We shouldn't use exercise to compensate for bad diet but it doesn't hurt every now and then! I am increasing the body magic this month :)

I have a work meal on the 22nd, then my mum's xmas eve dinner 24th, xmas inner 25th... there'll be a whole lotta flexi synning going on those three days! hopefully it'll all work out nice though, I don't want to just limit everything and not have Xmassey things... wouldn't be the same!

I have a few days of events over the festive period, on days when its just one meal then breakfast will be yoghurt and fruit, I will have a light second meal, omlette with lots of veg (or similar) and then make sensible choices where possible for the 'event'. As for Christmas Day and New years day I am going to have both days off - I have lost 4 stone since June and would like to think that I will only be 3lb heavier on the 3rd of Jan (1st weigh in after new years). I am in this for the long haul now so need to learn how to live with it!!

I have something similar planned! I've kind of resigned myself to the fact I'll have a small gain over Christmas/New Year and it won't bother me. In the mean time I'm going as low as possible in target so I have 6lbs to play with.

I think the main thing is to decide whether you'd be comfortable with a small gain, and if you get one, at least you know why. Of course, if you follow the plan in between, a few digressions shouldn't be that terrible. Most people will have something like these events happening, and we're all only human :)

At the end of the day, think how much weight you may have put on this time of year before starting the plan, and think how much better it'll be this time around :)

Back