How do you treat yourself?

Must be something in the air. I got my hair cut and highlighted 2 wks ago.

Hannah - im also addicted to the Palmers Body Butter. The smell is gorgeous and leaves your skin feeling really silky.

I've started tying my hair back for the first time in ages and someone at work said they could see my weight loss in my face so clearly a cut and highlights is the way forward!

I'm not quite ready yet but looking forward to the time when I can cut my hair shorter as I will not longer feel the need to hide behind it :)

I expect pics posted of your new hair do's ladies!

I had told my hairdresser at the start of LL that I wanted my hair cut up a good bit and really blonde and would she let me know when she thought I had lost enough weight to carry it off (when my face didnt quite resemble a pie so much). I went in to get my eyebrows waxed 2 wks ago and she was all smiles and said she thought it was the day for the chop. So that was that - in for eyebrow wax and end up with cut and highlights. I love it. Everyone is saying how much thinner my face looks. Instead of palming them off I smile and say thank you very much :D

oh I can't wait until I can accept my positive strokes! My response to the person who said they could see the loss in my face was "oh so I must have had a really fat face before then" LOL my LLC nearly died when I repeated it in group! Definitely something I need to work on!!

AJb, you will learn to love the positve strokes. I told my husband I wanted him to compliment me often, but only say what he means. So he has taken to making a point of saying to me at least once a day that I look different or he is proud of me or he is thanking me for still cooking for him and our son. My acceptance of them with a lovely response has made a big difference in our relastionship. We were good before but now it's fab!

Hair tomorrow, short bob as blonde as I can get...... oh so excited!!!

Thats what I am aiming for AJB!!! Just wished I could walk out the salon looking like her too!! (well a bit more meaty!)

Ha ha Lind a toothpick would be more meaty than Posh!! You've got to love her style though and I cannot wait until I've got cheekbones good enough to get my hair cut like hers - maybe then I'll find my own David Beckham (without the stupid voice!)

Well, went and had my hair cut. very short at the bottom ofmy neck but lovely bob and fab blonde highlights....Also.......I HAVE A NECK!!!!!

All I need to do now is stop posing in front of the mirror!!! :cool:

Let's see Lind.............

Well done Linda. I got mine cut in short at the back of my neck too but really short sharp bob at the sides and sooooooooo blonde. Every time i pass the mirror i stop to take a look. Is this the girl who only bought a mirror a couple of weeks ago. How are we all changing so quickly?????????? I love that the same type of things is happening to us all - its great

IWGT, weh ave the same hair cut!!! How cool are we? :cool:

And, yes I love walking past the mirror and being surprised at the person I find in there.

Will post some pics up soon...

Lol Linda. Have you not found that since getting your hair cut you have this new found confidence.
OMG im going iceskating this morning with my daughter. Im so nervous but also excited. I went with her a few years ago and couldnt really do it and absolutely hated it. Not sure if I really cant do it or if it was just because I was 6st heavier and it was just my weight holding me back. Ah well Im gonna find out soon enough :D

IWGT hope the ice skating is fun!! bet it will be!

And yes I do feel more confident and alive, if that makes any sense.

Having my hair cut short and very different from what I would normally go for feels like I am not hidingmyself away anymore.

Wow Lind your hair sounds amazing! Am dying to see a photo :)

Iceskating never really took off lol. My daughter never told me when we were driving there that she felt ill. Anyway when she got on the ice she was like bambi and literally couldnt stand up. Had to practically carry her back off again by which time her diabetes was so bad she couldnt even see. So had to go home.... Not to be beaten tho we are going to try again tomorrow morning - but this time I will be making sure Kirsti's bloods are high enough first.

Back