How do you use your cals?

Dan8317

Hi all,

Just wondering how everyone else uses their allowance. I'm only on day 4 but already noticed that I have a tendancy to use a lot of cals on not so healthy snacks that I really don't need.

With this in mind I'm thinking of splitting my cals into indiviual allowances for breakfast, lunch, dinner and a small amount for snacks. This way I'll be eating bigger portions for meals and having to have healthier snacks as I won't have the cals for a chocolate bar etc.

Just wondering if anyone else does this or do you just add up as you go along? Or any other suggestions?

Thanks
Dan x

Hi Dan,

Personally I'm not a massive breakfast fan so I'll just have a banana and a yoghurt so I then have enough cals for a decent snack at about 10am.
I try and keep as many calories for evening as that is where I fail and get the munches xxx

I track on my fitness pal for a start. I try to eat low cal for breakfast, slightly more for lunch ( including a tiny piece of choc for my sanity) and for tea/dinner I like to have between 500-650 cals. Most nights I'm able to have a small serving of pudding with my family and still stay under my calorie level. I do however have the pleasure of eating up to 1800 cals!

Back