How do you use your syns?

Mostly treats! I have just had 50 g of low fat ice cream (4 syns) and a curly wurly (6.5), but I will use a few to improve the quality and my enjoyment of meals,for example, this morning I was having fried eggs, but I don't like them done in fry light, so I just had 2 normal fried eggs (2 syns) and I added a few gravy granules and tom puree to my chilli tonight (2 syns). I would loathe to spend syns on soup when I can make a free one,same as pasta sauces etc, for me they are just not Syn worthy, each to their own though;)

I'm the same as Nikki, mostly treats i.e. crisp to go with a lunchtime sandwich, or mayo light to go in sandwich, or save them up for a wine/beer at the weekend.

I've also used them for a weight watchers breakfast bars (i can't resist them with a cuppa) but i don't know the syn value of them, so am guessing at the moment.:eek:

I use mine on 2 syns for 2 mugs of cocoa a day, maybe ketchups and sauces or an alpen light if I've used all my hex b's. I try and save lots for the weekends when we usually go out for dinner and have wine.

Just normal vegetable oil. The eggs are free,so it is only the oli they are cooked in that counts and the book has fried eggs listed as 1 syn each!
I do use kitchen towel to absorb extra oil before eating them, but still count them as 1 syn each!

A bit of both for me - i use them for things like salad dressing or pasta sauce and then in the evening for a treat :)

I found the best way to get nice 'fried' eggs is to fry the bottoms in frylight in the pan and then when pretty well set i put them under the grill until firmish (i like runny yolks but set whites! - hate the runny whites on top bleugh) and spray with frylight before putting under grill.

Lovely!

I spend my syns 10 on treats (pomme bears/jellytots/chocolate bar) and 5 syns on meal stuff (love dolmio light 2syns 1/4 jar on sw chips with HEA cheese melted on top lol) like dolmio/brown sauce/mayo etc

mmmmmmmmmmm food :D

eggs fried in oil are only HALF a syn each!

According to the SW body opt. book I was given when I joined in Jan, YES!!!!!!

My syns vary depending on how I feel :) Sometimes it's a couple glasses of wine, sometimes I get picky and it's biscuits here and there, but mostly it's just additions to my meals, ketchup, stir fry sauce, etc.

x

I mostly use mine for food, for example potatoes or rice on a red day, or a bit of marg on bread if I fancy it. I run my syns weekly instead of daily which works for me, I usually stick to 70 but have done a 105 week this week as I knew I had a meal out at the weekend.

Harrie, as i'm now your new best friend, I think it's only fair I come to live with you in Spain!!!!! (How do you apply for a passport?!)

i have a flake every night i save 7 syns and i look forward to my choc fix all day long.
i use other syns for sauces etc. try to make my dinners as syn free as possible.
i do like a packet of cheese curls for lunch with my roll they're 3.5 syns.

Back