How do you work them out?

Ten

Apologies if I'm being thick :eek:, rejoined WW last night. Looking through everything and cannot find anything to work out the points values from packets:confused:. Before I had a sliding rule where you looked up the calories and fat to get the points... Help... how do I do it without a calculator, have they forgotten to give me something in the starter pack. I need to know now, I'm starving and too scared to eat :):):):):)

Did you not get a points wheel in the back of your book? They should of give you one.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII using MiniMins

Just checked - nothing! So that vital piece of 'equipment' is missing (and wasn't gone through at the meeting either:()... oh dear what to do, I think I'll ring my leader and try to get one this evening. Many thanks :)

Look in the folder they gave you and you should have Weight Watchers Propoints finder.

It looks like a wheel.

In the old plan they used calories, fat, fibre to calculate the points and in this new ProPoints plan they use protein, fibre, carbohydrates and fat.

In the meantime if you look at the food diaries you will get the pp's already worked out for most of the basic items.

They don't supply wheels now.

You should have got a little book with examples in. I'd also buy a propoints calculator.

Irene xx

Can't believe they don't supply wheels now! If you have an app phone, theres a weightwatchers calculator in there that I downloaded and use, its really handy!

Hope this helps :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII using MiniMins

You should have got a little book with examples in. I'd also buy a propoints calculator.

Irene xx

The wheel was very handy.

Thanks for the update Irene!

Irene xx

When did they stop them ?

Just checked - nothing! So that vital piece of 'equipment' is missing (and wasn't gone through at the meeting either:()... oh dear what to do, I think I'll ring my leader and try to get one this evening. Many thanks :)

If you don't want a to buy a calculator I have a spare wheel I can send you

Thank you CLH X3.

I popped into another local group this evening and basically there are three ways to calculate your points now 1. Download an app 2. buy a calculator or, 3. Join the direct debit on line scheme and have access to a calculator on there. I think I'll use the shopping guide I bought in the started kit and get the calculator next week. :)
Thanks for the helpful replies

Not sure when they stopped including the wheel but when I rejoined about Oct they weren't included

Irene xx

Strange, when i joined last nov (then again in jan) it had one in... i didnt get a new book in jan as i used one of my old ones so dont know about then

It really drives me mad that you pay to join and to meetings and then you can't really follow the diet unless you shell out more money!!! You pay enough out anyway ladies! For a quick guide, divide the calories by 40. It works 99% of the time, I always use it. Just don't use it on alcohol! X

I generally use the iPhone app to calculate most ppts. THough when out eating I generally divide by 40. Its not been that far out normally at most 2ppts.

It really drives me mad that you pay to join and to meetings and then you can't really follow the diet unless you shell out more money!!! You pay enough out anyway ladies! For a quick guide, divide the calories by 40. It works 99% of the time, I always use it. Just don't use it on alcohol! X

how do you divine say 38 cals by 40, or 15, ect,ect it's o.k if the cals are 40,60,80, ??
lol maths not my best sunject!!!!!

You round it up so 38 cals is 1 pro point
15 cal's means you can have 2 of that product for 1 pro point & then 3 of that prouduct would be 45cals so I round up to 2 to be on the safe side

Xx

If something is less than 40 calories it will be 1 propoint anyway. If its 19 cals or under it is 0 propoints. Don't forget if you have more than one, it may then have a propoint value.

Hope that makes sense :) xxx

Back