1. MrsPopi

MrsPopi Banned

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    ... tell someone you love, like a husband, you have a binge and purging cycle that you just cant shake?

I think my husband is going to be ashamed, disappointed and revolted when I tell him later on this evening.

How am I supposed to do it? help please!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. BatFitch

BatFitch Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st2.3lb
    Current Weight:
    18st8.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.7lb(2.87%)
    Diet:
    Healthy eating + exercise!
    If it's that bad then I'm sure he'll have noticed by now. In which case he's been kind enough to not say anything until you're ready.
    If he hasn't noticed, he's your husband and he married you because he loves you. I'm sure he'll be happy you've identified your problem and that you're doing something about it!
    He'll only want to help you through it and it will feel like such a weight off your chest once you've been open with him.

Good luck xx

4. Cybele

Cybele Member

Ditto what BatFitch said I sure he will have noticed and just not be saying anything, also he may not know it is a problem, but just thinks it is one of your quirky behaviors

5. MrsPopi

MrsPopi Banned

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Well I told him and we are battling him together. He made me feel so much at ease with him. He said - your down and low and its what you do when your bored. He said it was no different to a smoker reaching for a cigarette.

I have been advised to try Reiki - a healing hypnosis type therapy to see if that would help. Have any of you tried it? Heard about it?

6. Twizzle

Twizzle Full Member

Start Weight:
    9st9lb
    Current Weight:
    8st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(14.07%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World Extra Easy
    have heard of reiki but never really looked into it, so glad to hear he is being supportive, good luck with your recovery :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.