How healthy is your healthy eating plan?

Triplestep720

I was wondering those on a healthy eating lifestyle how healthy is your lifestyle now compared to before? How did you decide on what is best for you? Do you follow guidelines such as having your 5-a-day? Or keep a note on how much water you drink etc?

I'm just beginning, but what I will be cutting out from before is sweets, higher calorie crisps, alcohol and white bread/pasta.
This is day 2, yesterday I had a 2 egg omlette with mushroom for breakfast, home made lentil soup for lunch and a large salad tray with tuna pasta mayonaise (ultra low fat mayo) beetroot and pickled onions.
Inbetween I drank around 3 litres of diluting juice, 2 cups of tea and 3 oxo drinks. I've a few 500ml bottles I just fill again when empty, count the refills.
Snacks have been 2 apples, 2 plums and 2 satsumas. I also had a packet of french fries and a choc chip cookie.
I know it's a lot, but with the calories I'm not having, I'm confident i will lose weight

I know it's a lot, but with the calories I'm not having, I'm confident i will lose weight
It doesn't sound like a lot of food to me at all :)

I don't add up the daily calories I eat anymore, but I still do look at the labels to see what I am eating (if that makes any sense!)

I love carbs and I do find I am less bloated when I eat less of them. I have increased my wholegrain and fibre intake and have found a new love - sodabread! because it's so dense it takes ages to eat and fills me up and for whatever reason it's also causes me less bloat. My bf however won't touch the stuff- he says it tastes like sandpaper! :D

I'm the same with the see what I'm eating rather than all out calorie counting. I'm eating filling foods that'll hopefully keep me fuller for longer. Porridge is my new breakfast, with a sweetner in it.

I think sodabread is similar to something we call soda scones up here. Used to toast them with lashings of butter or melt cheese on them.

I was wondering those on a healthy eating lifestyle how healthy is your lifestyle now compared to before? How did you decide on what is best for you? Do you follow guidelines such as having your 5-a-day? Or keep a note on how much water you drink etc?

My lifestyle is completely different to 4 months ago.

Then i lived on chips, pizza, beer etc with no fruit or veg at all.
I did no exercise whatsoever.

Now i tend to eat a lot of veg, i get a tonne of fibre as well. I tend to eat a lot of fish as well.

Exercise is the most dramatic change really - i run every week, and weight train 5 days a week.

i used to be eating packets of crisps, big bags of sweets and choccie bars in work, followed by a big dinner when i was home and more snacks.... very lazy i wouldnt even walk to the shop that was 5 minutes away, id get the bus there.

ive replaced the work snacks with fruit or nothing at all and choose a healthy dinner to bring now.
biggest change is exercise though, cardio workouts are 6 days a week, and strengh training is 3 times a week.

my diet used to be awful, ate whatever i wanted when i wanted didnt think about it and had kebabs n chinese take aways on my nights off work as a treat but decided to make a life change

i used to put every calorie i ate into calorie counter on my phone but now im happier eating healthier things and not being so strict on myself about staying under the calorie limit, instead now im naturally eating less calories with healthier options

my new fave food is broccoli i have that or other veg with most of my dinners and it fills me up and helping with the 5 a day doesnt hurt :D

Happu New Year Everyone! I am back to healthy eating after the annual christmas binge saw me putting on 10lb oooff! Aiming for gym 3 times a week, lots of fruit and veg and no junk food (apart from a weekly treat). Oh and no alcohol in January. I'm tweeting my food and exercise diary on twitter @dietbloguk if you want to follow. 2012 is the year i finalky tackle my food issues and weight problems!

Back