How important to work up through steps to normal eating??

WannaBeSlim

Hi folks

Just wondering if anyone knows the answer to this one?

I am so close to goal now and am re-feeding as such (on 790 for just under a week) but want to eat MORE and normal food.. is this normal?

Has this happened to anyone else and if so, what did you do??

Thanks

Dee

I'm not sure Dee as I have just completed week one of SS....but would be interested to know so hopefully someone will post soon.

Congratulations on your weight lost, you've done so well! :)

Thanks for your reply Laura .. this is a wonderful Diet I have to say. Best thing I ever did starting on 30 Dec last ..

Just had an apple .. which is not on 790 but feel like if I didn't I would eat choc etc ...

When are you due to get your first Weigh In??

Well of my clients who have successfully maintained and kept the weight off for any length of time, all went up through the steps and then went onto low GI recipe foods.

I did CD in Oct 05 - lost 4stone in 4months - didn't do "the steps" and have put on 2 and half stone ..... so as and when I lose it this time - I'll be doing SS/790/1000/1200/1500/2000 and already have low GI books and recipe books now to get me acquainted with what i should be eating!

Hiya Dee, I think its really important, it introduces food in the right way, so we dont put weight back on. I followed it to the best of my ability (xmas got in the way!) and I managed to stabalise.

I know what you mean about wanting to eat more and more though, think that is the effect of no more ketosis to keep us on the straight and narrow!

My advice is to stick with it, you are so close to goal, and if you do have to have soemthing, choose something that is on the 790 list, and have a little more of that.

Remember to keep on with the water, 2 ltrs per day, this will help you feel full.

At the end of the day, you have done 3 months with no food other than packs, and a few weeks introducing food is the best way, I know how hard it is, trust me, its still hard now!!!!

Management is VITALLY important!!!! It is intended to bring your metabolism back to its base line. We are literally starving our bodies (in a healthy way) so everything slows down and this is why some of us lose hair and our periods stop. Some people write about putting on weight when doing SW or WW - this is bound to happen due to the metabolism. Our bodies thinkg we've been through a drought, it will make us think we want/need to eat more - and it's an urge so difficult to beat. Apparently it takes a year for our bodies to settle down and accept our new weight. There is a hormone that peaks after big weight loss/re-introduction of food and it affects our feeling of being full, and this is a big reason why a lot of people binge after a VLCD. Basically you MUST stick to the maintenance plan if you are to have any hope of staying slim. Good luck!!!!

Hi Dee...I weighed in this afternoon.

Lost 5 1/2lbs and 2 inches from my waist. Would have liked a little more for my first week, but I think it's still good x x

Well done Laura .. great loss and good on inch loss too ... did you cut down on carbs the week before??

Back