How is slimmer of the week decided?

Beki

Gold Member
Is it simply the person who loses the most weight? Because if that's the case my dad (or one of the other men in the class) is going to win it most weeks and none of us will have a chance! lol :cry:

Or is it done more fairly, like on percentage etc?

i think its the one who lost the most that week could be wrong

You have to of lost or STS the previous week and had the biggest loss in lbs that week. You can't be slimmer of the week first week. And with Slimmer of the Month if it's your first month your first week loss will be halved.

That happened at my first group. A few weeks in someone joined who lost 11 lbs in week 1 and seemed to lose no less than 4 lbs thereafter. There are people at my new group who lose more than me most weeks, but I managed to get SotW in week 2. Think it was more luck than reality because the people who lose a lot were either not there or had been naughty hehe.

Don't worry - you're day will come hun xxx

It's the person with the biggest loss who stays to class, who also had a loss last week.

It can be a bit unfair for those who have less to lose or are slower losers, those who are a bit heavier tend to lose more each week...but not always! So it does give you an incentive to keep going and do as best you can...

Our slimmer of the week this week lost 2lbs...which is not masses (although fab!) but she was absolutely delighted. She didn't think she'd get it ever, and has lost over a stone so far without getting SoW.

Keep pushing for it...you never know what others are doing, so you might just get it :D

I've been SoTW with just 2lbs so it's not always a big loss that's needed. Also the main thing is you're weight is heading in the right direction and SoTW is just a sticker. (Before anyone has a pop i'm the first one to be excited when i get it and cheesed off when i miss it! lol)

You have to of lost or STS the previous week and had the biggest loss in lbs that week. You can't be slimmer of the week first week. And with Slimmer of the Month if it's your first month your first week loss will be halved.

Oh Squiddie you're good!!
Spot on there and you never know, I've had members of my group get SOTW with just a half lb.

It's the person with the biggest loss who stays to class, who also had a loss last week.

SotW at our group doesn't even have to stay to class, they only have to weigh in and then go, if they have lost the most and lost the week before then they get the sticker and certificate. Obviously they don't get the goodies, that goes to the person with the next biggest loss.

Personally I'd prefer the sticker lol

I got slimmer of the week for the first week of my new class, I kind of felt a bit guilty... I got a lovely big bag of fruit, some Batchelor's rice, a magnet & a certificate... what stuff do you get?

oh and my sticker too

xx

I got it too this week and got fruit, noodles and a mugshot. A certificate and sticker. No magnet tho lol.
We also have to stay to class to get it.

Squiddie, you are so good with your knowledge of SW, thank you so much for explaining SOTW and SOFM I didn't know how the system worked either, well done. X

We don't get a magnet! I've won SotW for the last two weeks at my class and they've really got lax about the goodies. Seriously, it's like the rubbish you donate when your kids remind you it's Harvest Festival day at school and you don't have time to shop!

This week I got a mouldy nectarine (that I threw out), some canned fish from Lidl (that were in OIL), a packet of Asda Smart Price Noodles (that nobody knew the syns for and that look vile) and two bananas that were dry and stringy (very odd). The best I can say for the "goodies" is that they put me off food for a while after seeing them. But I did get a sticker and a certificate! Yay me!

Our class is quite large so the bowl is always very full. My wife and another member got to share the goodies this week and they got quite a lot each.

Are we supposed to donate to the goodie bag? Still a newbie so unsure of the SW class etiqutte. We also have a raffle that class members bring stuff to, some edible, some non-edible.

xx

Are we supposed to donate to the goodie bag? Still a newbie so unsure of the SW class etiqutte. We also have a raffle that class members bring stuff to, some edible, some non-edible.

xx

I think that's how it works in most groups for SotW

However, our Consultant brings in the prize for the raffle.

xx

Yep, all members are meant to take a piece of fruit (not a manky piece - see previous post!) or a free food item and then SOTW takes the fruit bowl.

Our consultant buys the raffle prizes and the raffle money pays for that.

Thank you... I hope they don't think I am too rude... My 1st 3 classes there was no such thing.

xx

Back