How long did it take you to lose...?

Well done you Dolly, well prepared! bit easier to be good the day before weigh in isnt it, facing the scales the next day is a good incentive! I had chicken chop suey & fried rice...weighed them and weighed a few prawn crackers too, came to 11.5 syns, unsure how the work the syns out tho as tasted a bit greasy, hard to believe that it was within sys?! Have fun shopping with ur mom and hold ur nose when u pass greggs haha!xx

I did enjoy it Daisy! hate it when meals dont go to plan, my hubby is the same! probs worse as if he thinks something is remotely healthy he convinces himself it hasnt filled him up and heads straight for the biscuit tin afterwards moaning how hes starved lol. I've not had squash before so soup will be interesting! got an aubergine too, might try roasting that for lunch! xx

Ohhhhh Greggs are doin those blooming festive pasties now mmmmmmmm!

I am defo not having one they will be like 20syns & so not worth it!

Dxxx

That just reminded me of the toffee nut lattes at Starbucks too they are 14 syns and with the whipped cream so could have 1 if I don't have any other syns at all!

Pity there isn't a Starbucks where I'm headed.

Will treat myself to one of those on Christmas Eve when I'm finishing up work as a wee treat! Something to look forward to haha.

Dxxx

Hello, just wanted to say you guys are good at keeping each other motivated. We talked in group last night about offices and people bringing in "goodies" and especially when they know you're trying to be good - my consultant said there's something very smug and satisfying about saying "no thank you" when you're offered the stuff they've brought in. I have a colleague (who is also overweight) who constantly criticises what I eat and makes comments all the time along the lines of "you can't eat all that and still lose weight" "surely that's bad for you" "how come you can have that" "don't you eat alot" I just smile sweetly and say well it must be working - 1 stone 13lb in 11 weeks thank you very much!!

Well done Hootie, your colleague sounds as though she's insecure/jealous of your brilliant success.

Dolly Oh no, why did you mention festive bakes! I absolutely adore them. I'm Christmas shopping Sunday and it's almost a tradition to have one and a Christmas Starbucks - not anymore. You're very well organised, hope you enjoy your day and your sushi

ticktock your Chinese sounds fantastic and you did well to stay in syns. My hubby is the same - no matter what we have for dinner, even a huge meal...I could bet my life on the fact that he will be heading to the biscuit tin within an hour or two. He plays rugby and reckons that's his excuse :rolleyes: let us know how the squash and soup go!

Ok, what on earth is a festive bake?! obviously I havent lived as no idea what they are....please dont say some sort of xmas roast dinner in pastry?! eew!

I've been tempted by so much this week and so proud that I have stayed within syns and stuck to plan, thinking I should have a 1-2lb loss this week and then bam.... star week, soooo not fair! instant 3lb gain, hoping will be back to normal by Monday night weigh in!

How are you all spending your weekend? I am prob staying in most of today, will be cooking soup for lunch, spag bol for dinner and will make lasagne without white sauce for tomorrow, hope it tastes ok! tomorrow is a kids party so might be trickier!

It's a turkey & cranberry bake & it's delicious!

I had a 1lb gain this week which is the bad week from before catching up with me but still I have lost 16lbs which is awesome!

I have been to SW then for my shopping now I am home & it's time to chill out.

Dxxx

I reckon if you add cranberry into the Xmas soup which when cool is really thick, you could syn puff pastry and make your own for much less syns x x

16lb is ace Dolly :) dont fancy the festive bake at all!

Roasted my squash and hated it, crunchy outside which was nice but inside was sweet flavour but the weirdest texture it was heavy and cloying and kind of like fudge icing but not in a good way! so didnt make my soup... Still been good though, although am currently sipping large glass of port (well, it is almost xmas!)

Weigh day tomorrow night, keeping everything crossed for a loss!

Hey everyone,

Hope you had a good weekend! I spent the day at my Mums Saturday then Christmas shopping yesterday and managed to be pretty good until I got home and had a poptart! I weigh in later today so I'm hoping for a decent loss despite that blip!

Shame about the squash ticktock I imagine them being like a huge courgette for some reason!

Well done Daisy 3lb is a great loss! Bet ur chuffed, sure a poptart wouldnt have made any difference :)

I have weighed on own scales this morning and stayed the same, not fair as I have been super good all week again! it is star week tho so i'll blame that!

I had aubergine this week as that was in the box I bought and that tasted like bigger courgette, squash is dry and weird, hope I dont get another! I know I have fennel coming this Thursday, never had that before either!

Oh sorry you've not had a loss this week, it will definitely be down to the dreaded star week...bet you have a great loss next WI.

I've had aubergine in things like ratatouille and I do think those and courgettes are quite similar. I will probably give squash a miss then. I've never had fennel either but I'm sure I heard on a fancy cooking programme that it's nice roasted. Would love to know what you think :)

How is everyone getting on? I had another poptart shaped stumble last night so I've got hubby to take them to work. I'm going to have a few days low synning to make up for it.

Oops, how many syns in a pop tart? bet theyre not that bad. I stayed the same at class this week, bit miffed as sticking to it properly and so much nice tempting xmas food around I'm struggling to behave! Will be making campfire stew tomorrow so will let you know how that one goes :)

There's 10 syns...luckily I didn't have both in the pack. I need to find something a bit lower in syns to reach for in the evening when I want something sweet.

That sucks that you STS, especially as you've stuck to it. Bet it's really hard to keep the motivation. Oh campfire stew sounds brilliant, would love to know how you find it as I reckon my hubby would like it too.

Fell off the wagon today..... weighed myself this morning and stayed the same so have lost a grand total of 3lb in a month! stayed the same wk1, lost 3lb wk2, stayed same wk3, 5 days into this week and stayed same so far. (i know sig. says I have lost 6.5lb, but they are sw scales and i cheated by wearing boots & jeans at first weigh in!)

So feeling thoroughly fed up I had breakfast out (fairly healthy though) then had latte and wedge of viennese orange mince pie cake in cafe. Had campfire stew and pasta for tea, no superfree today, and no water either, hubby going to fetch me a mcflurry, I quit today! Hope I can get back in to it tomorrow, just feeling a bit 'whats the point?!'

If I had any pop-tarts.....i'd eat the whole pack today!!!

Oh ticktock...hope you managed to dust yourself off and get back on track. 3lbs is still something to be proud of...it's the same as a human brain weighs! It's difficult to keep going when you're not losing and you see people who've dropped 5lbs in a week etc BUT you have to remind yourself of the reason why you're doing this in the first place.

3lbs is amazing!

I am a slowwwwwwwwwwwwwww loser & I see people losing anything upto 14lbs a week at my class & sometimes I am like right I am not coming back but then I remind myself that everyone is different so we all lose at different paces.

Its coming off & thats the important thing.

Dxxx

Back