How long does a bad bay take to show?

Estrella

I regrettably had a baddy yesterday. I'm so disappointed in myself. I'm on holiday at friends and have stuck to the plan-until my final night!! I made sw safe stew, loads of veg. But I put butter in potatoes, had 2 glasses of wine, a small slice of home made birthday cake, that was covered in butter icing :( a thorntons chocolate and pom bears. I weighed myself today and seem to have lost 2lb... Wi should be tomorrow. How long does the sugary goodness take to affect you? Back on today. I feel so bad!!!

I guess it will depend on how much damage limitation you do, how you've eaten before this and whether or not you carry on being naughty with the syns! Plus I'm sure it would differ from person to person. Maybe you'll notice a small gain in your next weigh in but if you've been good between now & weigh in its probably more likely all you've done is to slow the loss. I'm guessing, I'm no expert!
I think the most important thing is how it affects your thinking and attitude to the plan, don't let a few slip ups ruin your motivation. Stay positive!

Not sure if this will help , but was watching a programm ages ago , but i can remember the question , how long does it take for body to produce fat - the medical answer was 3-4 hrs!!

For me it shows straight away as I tend to retain water after just one bad day- last week I ate 100% all week except for one meal out the night before WI and maintained, but it sounds like you may be luckier than me!

It varies from person to person but there's no point worrying about it, its done now. Just stick to plan from now on and if you have a maintain or small gain you'll know why. But one bad day can't do too much harm

Its only one bad flower out of 21! Think of it that way, line drawn and look after the other 20 beautiful flowers :)

Back