How long does it take to lose 4stone

Chitty

Hiya
First I am a rubbish diet, a rubbish poster and the most forgetful person you ever want to meet.
I am also desperate to lose weight, have posted before about it, I keep changing my mind... basically, try to do CD then try to do WW... never get very far with WW as I think the weight loss far to slow...

But as I dont really know what can be achieved weight loss wise on WW I though I would post to ask....

So how long if the diet is stuck to and regular excerise is taken would it take to lose 4 stone... I need to lose 5 and a half, but the last stone and a half and not so urgent... I need to lose 4 stone to fit in all my clothing that fit me at Xmas...:eek:

Please reply with your views... thanksXXX

hun on ww i would proababy say about a year if you stick at it all the time, im doing CD and hoping to lose 4stone but August! i no Cd is harder but it comes off quicker

Well ive been on ww since january 08 need to lose 5 stone and have lost 2 at the moment .. i dont stick to it religiosuly so lose around 1-2lbs a week
hope this gives you some rough guide
a friend of mine has lost 2 stone in 14 weeks tho so it depends how strict you are

hun on ww i would proababy say about a year if you stick at it all the time, im doing CD and hoping to lose 4stone but August! i no Cd is harder but it comes off quicker

No thats not accurate!! You can lose a lot more than 4 stones in a year doing WW. Even taking it at their basic estimate it works out at half a stone a month. A lot of people lose faster than that. I lost a stone a month initially last year but that was exceptional.

If you stuck to WW and exercised you could have most of the 4 stone off by Xmas

And yes CD might be quicker but not everyone wants to do a VLCD. Id also say as were almost at the end of June its very unlikely youd lose 4 stones by August even on CD. CD averages are a stone a month so youd be looking at October not August.

I know what you mean - it seems too daunting and too long - but it really only takes the first 10 lbs to make you feel fitter and lighter - I am looking at it as a healthy eating plan and I am going to exercise a lot and not use my activity points unless for a special occasion - it is a very doable diet and we can enjoy it!! If you just think by the end of the summer you will be nearly two stone lighter and a lot happier!

Good point - 10lbs can make a big difference. I needed to hear that!

thats why they set 10% as your first goal! it can have huge health benefits such as lower risk of getting diabites it can lower blood pressure and lots of other things ! ... The thing is you have to look at is as a long term healthy eating plan because if you dont the minute you go back to eating " normally" all your hard work will be undone! ..

if 10% is to daunting try 7lb at a time! make 7lb your aim! and go from there !

It took me 15 weeks to lose 30lbs on WW. That was with me going over my points a couple of times a week, but I tried to walk 10, 000 steps a day. Also drinking loads of water and green tea has helped me too.

I've gone off track the past few weeks, but have just started kickstart yesterday, and know I'll have a decent loss next WI if I stick to it.:)

WW is great, as you can eat what you want, as long as you stay within your points.

Good Luck.x

thats why they set 10% as your first goal! it can have huge health benefits such as lower risk of getting diabites it can lower blood pressure and lots of other things ! ... The thing is you have to look at is as a long term healthy eating plan because if you dont the minute you go back to eating " normally" all your hard work will be undone! ..

if 10% is to daunting try 7lb at a time! make 7lb your aim! and go from there !

That's what I tend to do. Set small goals. Like now my goal is to lose 5lbs to get below 15 stone.

Back