Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

How long does it take to lose 4stone

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Chitty, 24 June 2008 Social URL.

1. Chitty

Chitty Silver Member

Diet:
    CD
    Hiya
    First I am a rubbish diet, a rubbish poster and the most forgetful person you ever want to meet.
    I am also desperate to lose weight, have posted before about it, I keep changing my mind... basically, try to do CD then try to do WW... never get very far with WW as I think the weight loss far to slow...

But as I dont really know what can be achieved weight loss wise on WW I though I would post to ask....

So how long if the diet is stuck to and regular excerise is taken would it take to lose 4 stone... I need to lose 5 and a half, but the last stone and a half and not so urgent... I need to lose 4 stone to fit in all my clothing that fit me at Xmas...:eek:

Please reply with your views... thanksXXX

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Chitty

Chitty Silver Member

Diet:
    CD
    Any one, any rough ideas...???

4. yummy mummy

yummy mummy Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    hun on ww i would proababy say about a year if you stick at it all the time, im doing CD and hoping to lose 4stone but August! i no Cd is harder but it comes off quicker

5. pixiepiratess

pixiepiratess Going From Flab to FAB!

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.82%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Well ive been on ww since january 08 need to lose 5 stone and have lost 2 at the moment .. i dont stick to it religiosuly so lose around 1-2lbs a week
    hope this gives you some rough guide
    a friend of mine has lost 2 stone in 14 weeks tho so it depends how strict you are

6. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    No thats not accurate!! You can lose a lot more than 4 stones in a year doing WW. Even taking it at their basic estimate it works out at half a stone a month. A lot of people lose faster than that. I lost a stone a month initially last year but that was exceptional.

If you stuck to WW and exercised you could have most of the 4 stone off by Xmas

And yes CD might be quicker but not everyone wants to do a VLCD. Id also say as were almost at the end of June its very unlikely youd lose 4 stones by August even on CD. CD averages are a stone a month so youd be looking at October not August.

7. shrinkingannie

shrinkingannie Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(28.36%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating
    I know what you mean - it seems too daunting and too long - but it really only takes the first 10 lbs to make you feel fitter and lighter - I am looking at it as a healthy eating plan and I am going to exercise a lot and not use my activity points unless for a special occasion - it is a very doable diet and we can enjoy it!! If you just think by the end of the summer you will be nearly two stone lighter and a lot happier!

8. Barb

Barb Gold Member

Diet:
    Healthy eating/Food diary
    Good point - 10lbs can make a big difference. I needed to hear that!

9. pixiepiratess

pixiepiratess Going From Flab to FAB!

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.82%)
    Diet:
    SW
    thats why they set 10% as your first goal! it can have huge health benefits such as lower risk of getting diabites it can lower blood pressure and lots of other things ! ... The thing is you have to look at is as a long term healthy eating plan because if you dont the minute you go back to eating " normally" all your hard work will be undone! ..

if 10% is to daunting try 7lb at a time! make 7lb your aim! and go from there !

10. jacqu79

jacqu79 Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st9lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st12lb(14.55%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers/Exante
    It took me 15 weeks to lose 30lbs on WW. That was with me going over my points a couple of times a week, but I tried to walk 10, 000 steps a day. Also drinking loads of water and green tea has helped me too.

I've gone off track the past few weeks, but have just started kickstart yesterday, and know I'll have a decent loss next WI if I stick to it.:)

WW is great, as you can eat what you want, as long as you stay within your points.

Good Luck.x

11. jacqu79

jacqu79 Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st9lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st12lb(14.55%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers/Exante
    That's what I tend to do. Set small goals. Like now my goal is to lose 5lbs to get below 15 stone.

12. Chitty

Chitty Silver Member

Diet:
    CD
    Thanks so if I am extra good I could lose say 10lb a month?

13. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Thats maybe on the high side. WW say 1.5/2lbs a week. Id aim for half a stone, any more is a bonus.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.