How long does SS last?

Hey,
Just curious how long on the SS is it before going up a step ect? I had my first meeting with my CDC, got all my "food" and start it this Monday coming ? im so excited, thank you x

Hey Laura! I think you can stay on the SS for a few weeks before moving onto a meal! She said she's had clients stay on SS for 2 months! I think it might depend on how much youve got to lose as you lose more on the SS plan (or so I'm told!) x

i think you can stay on it till you around 1 stone of your goal weight then they step you up x

Hi there, yeah Sarah's right. For as long as it takes to get within 1 stone of your goal weight. I've got a 7-8 month stretch ahead of me! Eeeks!

I thought u could do it for a max of 12 weeks? Then u need a week of an added 200cal meal then the following week u can resume for a further 12 weeks??? And so on....

Those are definitely the NICE recommendations, but I don't think that they are always followed. Having said that I only did 12 weeks last time before I spectacularly fell off the wagon...
Not sure!

Any consultant who cares for your health will tell you 12 weeks max at any one time. Ultimately it's your choice whether you step up for a week or not but it is bad for your body to be in ketosis longer. Then you begin maintaining when you have a stone left to lose but again i have known others to ss til goal and then step up x

ive been on this diet 2 weeks got another 11 weeks left for my holiday plan to take the week of as was told by my cdc so i have a weeks break after 12 weeks then when i get back another 12 weeks roughly till xmas then will take another week of so will be taking a week of every 12 weeks till i get to my goal xx

But then after the week on SS+ or whatever step you choose to move onto you can then go back to SS!

But then after the week on SS+ or whatever step you choose to move onto you can then go back to SS!

Very true!
I think in my head mind when I leave SS (12 weeks is long as got 2 stone to lose) want to move up the plans as don't think I'll need to go back down.. That's the plan anyway!!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back