How long does weight take to go on?

MetalMaiden

Long story short I've had a stressful day and have gone off the rails a bit, I have my weigh in tomorrow morning and I'd be really upset if one mistake day meant that I didn't lose. Am I likely to put on in -24 hours?

It will take longer than one day to put on fat weight but you might see some affect from water retention, particularly if foods are high in salt.

I think it's diff all the time it I eat something really heavy and fattening like chippy or Indian etc I bloat out but if it's a bar of choc I shouldn't have had n a couple of packets of crisp I'm ok. That's me but everyone's body is different x

It will take longer than one day to put on fat weight but you might see some affect from water retention, particularly if foods are high in salt.

Yes, that makes sense. Are there any ways to get rid of water retention?

I'm not sure try n have a quick search in google you might surprise yourself when you get weighed try not to worry too much if you don't lose weight you will most prob have maintained just start tomoz off afresh day n try not to stress or you might end up eating more junk thinking oh well I've already ate loads

Well I weighed my self late in the day, after a binge and fresh out of the shower and I had still lost 2.5 pounds so I'll probably still have lost tomorrow. I'll just have to be 100% for a week to avoid a nasty catch up!

The best way to get rid of water retention is to drink water as what happens is when you have excessive amounts of salt or other things that dehydrate you your body holds onto water so it doesnt dehydrate completely, to counter this you need to drink loads of water and your body very quickly realises it doesnt need to hold water any more and so releases it...

The negative side of this is you will be running to the toilet ever 20 mins but once that need to pee subsides you will know your water retention is gone.

Hope this helps

Paul

Back