How long 'til next dress size down?

bijouxdolly

I know everyone is different but I'd like to know if it's possible for my holiday.

I started out at the start of January a size 16, B38, W36 and H42. I've lost a stone at current and am now in a 14 at B36, W34 and H40.

I'm going on holiday on 25th May and have some size 12 Topshop shorts (It says W30 but it's definitely not my actual waist, more like bellybutton height, there's a good few inches between them) do you think I can get into them by that time? I seem to be losing 1-2lbs a week, I don't want to have to starve myself and workout 15 times a week cos I simply don't have the time, I normally go swimming twice a week but trying to up it.

I can only lose 22lbs max healthily in that time but would ideally like to lose alot more. I will be ~160lbs by then (here's hoping!), what size am I likely to be? I'm 5'6 and apple shaped...:confused:

Hello well done on losing weight i am 5ft 5 so i bit smaller than u and found i was a comfy size 14 around 11.5st, a comfy size 12 with i was between 9.5st and 11 st prob a comfy 10 now at around 9 st but can fit into 8's but i guess its how comfy u want to be. Im more of an hourglass shape so for jeans and stuff u's prob be a smaller size than me at a higher weight. I think its very much down to our body shapes. Dont know if that helps at all :)

It's really difficult to say as everyone is different.

I am 5ft exactly and was 15 stone 10lbs at my heaviest and was a 16-18 (16 on top and 18 on bottom) but a lot of shorter people are a bigger size at the weight I was. There are a lot of factors to it.

I was a comfy size 12 at 12 stone and I was 10stone 2 lbs when I was a 10 and I'm now 8 stone 6lbs and am an 8.

It took quite big weight drops to lose those last couple sizes

Everyone is so different it's hard to say!

I'm an apple shape too - I definitely carry more weight around my belly. I'm 5'4", so a bit shorter than you.
At my current weight (just under 10½ stone - 146lbs) I'm a 12/14 - more 12 but obviously it varies from shop to shop. I think Topshop are quite skimpy with their sizing. I've just bought some 12 'Baxter' Skinny jeans from there and the waist isn't too bad but the legs are super-skinny and snug!

I think all you can do is your absolute best - use the shorts as a guide and target but if you lose 1-2lbs a week that's safe and sensible and you'll look fab by your holiday, and feel so much better, regardless of whether the shorts fit or not :)

I think it's important not to get too hung up on clothes sizes. Everywhere is slightly different, and different fabrics fit differently...etc! Wearing the right size for you and not squeezing into something too tight is key, IMO. It just makes you look bigger! Equally wearing stuff that's too big makes you look bigger. Fit is important. If the number on the label upsets you...cut it out and forget what 'size' the item is.

Sorry...that turned into a little rant and I didn't mean it to! LOL! I just think that sizing is stupidly inconsistent and that the best thing is to buy what fits, regardless of the size.

Having said that, it's my dream to own some size 10 jeans lol!! ;)

Back