How long till you noticed weight loss?

about a stone i noticed a few changes, and people started to comment as wel but I think alot of people notice but dont say anything cos they dont like to say it!

well yes, especially for a larger lady like myself I can only imagine people don't like to bring up my weight full stop. That is apart from the horrors at the school where I teach at the moment, they have no problem whatsoever discussing my weight :cry:

Thanks for your responses! Well i had a bit of a whopper from 9 year old today, kim your not fat you just have really big boobs. From the mouth of babes eh!

Oooh rozie, we are about the same...weight wise and loss wise!
I still can't tell and I'm 30 pounds down...oh well makes me even more determined to carry on! I want my oants to "fall" down!! Haha x

I've lost 26lb and I still cant tell any difference. My mum has commented on it but I think that might be just out of politeness lol

I really knew I'd lost weight (2 stone) when I had to hold my jeans up whilst running for the bus - they would have ended up round my knees otherwise.

It's amazing the amount of people who haven't noticed though..who look at you like you have 2 heads when you say you've lost 2 stone.

Why that is I don't know, it's a wee bit annoying though LOL

Although alot of folk can get jealous when they see people lose alot of weight so would not have anything positive to say. Just think of all the humph how the hell did she do that thoughts going through their heads!!!

I've lost 17.5lbs since around feb yet haven't budged a dress size (although the clothes I do have fit a bit better). My group leader says it takes about 14 lb on average before you start noticing.....unlike the old saying that 10 lb is a dress size *sigh....if only!*

It's true what people say tho about jealousy, I turned down some choccy cake in work last week and said I was on a diet....only to be told the age old theory that 'one won't hurt!', after about 10 mins of goading I finally replied 'I've lost 17lb already' which ended the conversation immediately without so much as a 'well done', which is kinda annoying as I'm proud of my weight loss, it may be slow but as they say ghats the best way and I'm not denying myself too much at the moment!

Although alot of folk can get jealous when they see people lose alot of weight so would not have anything positive to say. Just think of all the humph how the hell did she do that thoughts going through their heads!!!

I've lost 17.5lbs since around feb yet haven't budged a dress size (although the clothes I do have fit a bit better). My group leader says it takes about 14 lb on average before you start noticing.....unlike the old saying that 10 lb is a dress size *sigh....if only!*

It's true what people say tho about jealousy, I turned down some choccy cake in work last week and said I was on a diet....only to be told the age old theory that 'one won't hurt!', after about 10 mins of goading I finally replied 'I've lost 17lb already' which ended the conversation immediately without so much as a 'well done', which is kinda annoying as I'm proud of my weight loss, it may be slow but as they say ghats the best way and I'm not denying myself too much at the moment!

mean old bats not even saying well done! :massmoon:

People act in such strange ways sometimes dont they... You go girl, keep up your fantastic weightloss and you show them! :p

since aprill 11th 2011 i have lost a total of 2 stone 5lbs it took people ages to notice i had lost weight specially at work but i think as they see you everyday its probably not as noticeable.
My mum said to me yesterday wow you look so different since last week your face has got so slim.
Really gives you a boost when people notice.
Good luck all on your weightloss journey. :0)

Eugh the old diet sabotuers, theres nothing worse.
I have to keep reminding my bf that if i am on a late at work when i get home at quarter to 12 i dont want him to make me a cheese toastie, irn bru and choc anymore. Being a skinny minnoe who stuffs his face he just doesnt get it!

Any bevsy thats a huge weightloss in two months. You must be having trouble keeping your breeks up when you walk!

Back