Total Solution how long...

huwiesmummy

Gold Member
Can you do exante? I am starting to worry that I have been in this for to long I've been on Ts with a few breaks here and there since April. I can't eat much but non oily fish and veg because if gallstones. I'm worried with going back to food once I have my sugery for removing my gallbladder. Is my body going to have issues going back to food? My family is getting pretty worried about how long I've been doing this (not that I have much of a choice). I am nearing a bmi of 30 and it won't be to long to get to a bmi 25. What do you think? I am conflicted at this point.

Dont know anything about the medical aspects of it, sorry, but would think with your BMI and weight going down it cant help with but being good. Hopefully someone with more knowledge willl be along soon

huwiesmummy said:
Can you do exante? I am starting to worry that I have been in this for to long I've been on Ts with a few breaks here and there since April. I can't eat much but non oily fish and veg because if gallstones. I'm worried with going back to food once I have my sugery for removing my gallbladder. Is my body going to have issues going back to food? My family is getting pretty worried about how long I've been doing this (not that I have much of a choice). I am nearing a bmi of 30 and it won't be to long to get to a bmi 25. What do you think? I am conflicted at this point.

Hi, not entirely sure what your query is, but i successfully followed Exante last year and lost over 4st. Then fell ill with gallstones and had my gall bladder removed this time last year. Since then i have done Exante and low carb without any problems. In fact i have had no issues at all since the op.

chezzle said:
Hi, not entirely sure what your query is, but i successfully followed Exante last year and lost over 4st. Then fell ill with gallstones and had my gall bladder removed this time last year. Since then i have done Exante and low carb without any problems. In fact i have had no issues at all since the op.

My issue is that I use exante to keep my gallstone attacks away. I have been waiting since January for my sugery to come through. I found exante keeps me out of the A&E in April. I'm just worried that if I don't get my surgery soon that ill be using exante for to long and ruin my digestive system. I was wondering how long people have done exante basically.

huwiesmummy said:
My issue is that I use exante to keep my gallstone attacks away. I have been waiting since January for my sugery to come through. I found exante keeps me out of the A&E in April. I'm just worried that if I don't get my surgery soon that ill be using exante for to long and ruin my digestive system. I was wondering how long people have done exante basically.

I did exante TS from Jan last year & lost over 4st. I then went off plan & began eating fatty foods and was rushed into hospital (July/Aug) with juandice due to gall stones stuck in my bile ducts. I had two stones removed, but then had to wait 6wks to have my gall bladder removed. During that time i was paranoid about what to eat because the pain was so bad! So i went back on exante TS in order to avoid attacks. Following the opp i have not had any probs at all it's been great. In terms of the length of time on exante i think some people have been doing it without any issues for a year or more. I think exante say it is ok to follow it long term, but to include add a meal every 4wks. In your case you will need to keep low fat to avoid painful attacks. You seem to have been waiting a long time for your opp, do you have any idea when it is likely to be?

No last time I called the hospital they said that there was a back log from last year so they were looking to outsource the surgeries but I haven't heard anything. I'm calling again next week before I see my Dr. Food weeks are hard as its limiting but I think I found a couple options recently that will work best for the week. As long as going to be on exante for awhile is ok I'll keep telling them that. They are worried about me being freezing cold all the time. Oh well its not their problem.

Are you making sure you're having your food break every four weeks? As long as you're having your food break and as long as you gradually introduce food back into your system you should be fine. If you're at all worried maybe start incorporating one or two small, low carb meals into your week. *hugs*

I've been trying my best as I'm very limited in choices. This whole week I've been eating vegetables and egg whites. At times I eat fish or shellfish if I'm having no gallstone issues. Hopefully I can convince them its fine to do, though I don't think they will be happy until I stop. I think part of it us jealousy/envy of my mother in law. Oh well.

Back