How lovley!

Littleslimmingbee

Gold Member
Hi all,

I just wanted to share somthing lovley with you.
I work as a TA with Gymboree, i work with babies from 0-5 years, and its just lovley.
basically its 'invisibly' structured classes designed to help physcial development and prepare the older children for preschool/school.
I adore my job loads, but as with any job in childcare the children sometimes move away, go on to school etc.

In the past i have gotten attached to a few that have suddenly moved etc, and have been a little bit gutted.. and today (although i'd known for a month) i lost another one of my little faves. Elizabeth is 9months now and she's been coming to our baby classes since she was jusr 4 weeks. I absoloutly adore her!

Today was her last session and before she left she handed me a box of fancy chocs and a card, I was already a bit taken aback and teary so didnt read the card untill i got home.

Inside it read:

' To our dear and lovley Fern,

Thank you for being a ray of sunshine on a wednesday afternoon for the past few months. You'v been a treasure talking to me and showing so much interest in Elizabeth. You and Becky (the teacher) have helped me through a really tough time and I will never forget you for that.

With love and best wishes,
Roberta and Elizabeth. x

How beautiful? I am really touched. She also incuded a really gorgeous photo of Elizabeth!
She had some postnatal depression after the birth and I feel like we really got to know her because of this. Shes a lovley lovley woman and i reall am fond of her. I will miss her lots!

On an even better note, Gymboree bristol is expanding rapidly, were doing really well and took on 2 more members of staff (one being Joes sister) as were opening another day and i'm being entrusted with starting the Art classes! Im crapping it, iv never been a leader/teacher before.. but im also VERY excited about the responcibility and growth of the business.

Im also going to be looking after two 18 month old boys who come to class on a thurs 9-5, which im really looking forward to.. extra cash for me and equally lovley to have an even better relationship with the boys as i only see them once a week in class at the mo!

Its all go here. . anyways, sorry to digress!

Im justv really touched, and so unbelievably lucky to have such an amazing job that i REALLY enjoy.

Just had to share somthing non-weight related! lol x

Ahhhhhhh that's a really nice & thoughtful thing to do.

I think we are too quick to complain when things don't go right but forget to say thank you when they do.

Such a wonderful gesture, it shows how much you have helped them both;)

It is lovley. I always appreciate the little 'gifts' i get, (an extra special thankyou, a hug or a 'love you' from a little one) but this is my first card :) bless her. x

So lovely Fern and I am sure you deserve all the recognition you get and more.

Back