How many are going it alone.

has2tri

I have heard all th positives about going to meetings but as a childminder I am unable to go.
How many of you are going it alone at home, and how are you finding it?

Shell

Last edited:
hi
im doing it alone-finding it ok, me my friend and my mum all have a mon morning weigh in and tell each other wot we have lost 2 keep us motivated
so far so good anyway, havent fallen off the wagon yet!

I am doing alone to as my loacal group is on when i am at work.I am finding it ok..i do think group support would keep me motivated more but i find this site also helps alot.How are you getting on?x

I am getting on ok, but only on day 3....lol
I find this site very, very helpful.
You just seem to be able to ask and no-one minds, they go out their way to help, which is fantastic, and I love it here.

Hi there has2tri :D

I do it myself as the class I was attending, the consultant was not that helpful to me - I felt 'my face didn't fit' etc etc SO I invested in a pair of digital scales (nearly £40) and haven't looked back. I weigh myself after a wee :eek: and before my breakfast on a Saturday morning - every week

Do it!! You can do it!! xx

Oh Caza you made me laugh at the weighing after a wee and before breakfast.
Just looked at your stats at the side and YOU GO GIRL.......only 12 lb to go. WOOHOO

Hi Shell,

I go it alone, have been for 2 years now & I have lost nearly 4 stone - so I am proof it can be done.

Their is so much support on this site, which has helped me - if you have any questions, concerns etc people will go out of their way to guide you.

Hope this helps.

Good luck on your journey ;)

Lyn

Hi there has2tri :D

I do it myself as the class I was attending, the consultant was not that helpful to me - I felt 'my face didn't fit' etc etc SO I invested in a pair of digital scales (nearly £40) and haven't looked back. I weigh myself after a wee :eek: and before my breakfast on a Saturday morning - every week

Do it!! You can do it!! xx

lol-i do the same, get up go 2 the loo weigh then brekkie!

I'm doing it alone too, although my partner is really supportive and will eat my slimming world recipes and enjoys trying out new ones his self! This website is really helpful too, especially for recipes and syn values. I don't post much but read threads often when I need inspiration!

Can I ask what might be a very stupid question, but to go it alone you must have found the info on the syns and different types of SW, where did you find that from, I want to do SW but not sure i have the money atm so if anyone can help to get me kick started that will be great :)

I have been on the SW website and have found this forum to be extremely helpful, although I do have some SW books and have been a brought the magazine too.

Hi has2tri
I am going it alone at the minute, although planning to join body optimise when I next get a day off ( so I have time to find my way around the site )
I have done the plan before so have some books and although I know it has changed slightly it still seems to be working for me. I do mainly Mix2Max as i like to have my 2 hexb choices.

Hi. I am going alone too as my hubby works away a lot so dont want to take the kids every week. Have joined a couple of times in the past so I have the books etc. I came across this site yesteray and its a gold mine of useful info especially as I cant get on the SW website to check syn values. Everyone is really helpful. By the way.......does anyone know how many crackerbreads for a healthy extra..... Thanks x

Can I ask what might be a very stupid question, but to go it alone you must have found the info on the syns and different types of SW, where did you find that from, I want to do SW but not sure i have the money atm so if anyone can help to get me kick started that will be great :)

i bought it off ebay few yrs ago and then my friends mum who goes 2 meetings got me a food directory-she had explained the basics 2 me otherwise mite have been a bit confusing!

I dont go to group either - because i work a certain shift pattern i cant always make it to group! I went when i was about 15 but never really stuck to it, but thats how i got the principal of it! I borrowed the books from my friends who used to go and have kinda gone from there! Also this site helps me with meal ideas etc and if you want to know the syn value of something - just post it on here and someone is always helpful and gives you the answer if they know! Ive lost 33lbs since I started and that was mid jan, so although you dont need to go to group to lose the weight, sometimes I wish I did, just for motivation really,but ive found that this forum really does give you that extra bit of encouragement that sometimes you really need!! xxx

Hi Zillie, Ive seen the starter packs on Ebay with the books etc, might be worth trying that! xx

I've been 'going it alone' for about 5 weeks now and have lost almost a stone. This is the longest I have ever stuck to a diet!
I got the SW books from Ebay, got a starter pack for just £28. I love the SW magazines for recipes and syn values of new products.
Have been reading threads on here, but this is my first post.

Good luck everyone! xx

Ebay user that I got my books from was find that book. Authentic books and fast delivery!

Last edited:
Good Luck!!! xxx

Back