How many are going it alone.

I 'go it alone' too.
I find it up and down really, but I'm determined to get to a reasonably healthy weight.
I'd not lost anything for 4 weeks when I googled for some recipes and found this forum.

I've not looked back since even though I've only just joined. The encouragement that's given on here is amazing and even though it's not aimed directly at me I still find it motivational.

I have found the same thing - the 1st few weeks it came off really easily, but now it just seems to have stopped! its quite disheartening but then when you come on this forum and ask questoins about it - you realise that youre not the only one that its happened to and that it will start back up again eventually! Its easy to get disheartened by it, but ive found that coming on here has given me the motivation and support so that I dont just give up! (cos thats what i usually do - think "well its not working anyway, whats the point" whereas now, im thinking - well look at all these people - its worked for them so im sure if i stick at it it'll work!
I think its a really helpful site to look at when you start to feel like quiting!!!

xxxxx

I go it alone too. This site is brilliant for help - you don't even have to post as any question has usually been asked & answered already!!
I have tried slimming world twice before - once going to groups and once online and gave up once I had almost reached my target weight. This time I decided to go it alone as want to make it more of a permanent life-style change. I started beginning of Jan needing to lose just 19lbs and by my weekly weigh in on Monday (like the others - in the morning after my wee and before breakfast!) I have lost 12 lbs. I aside from the first two weeks this has been at a steady loss of 1lb per week which I think is a healthy loss.
If I am feeling in need of inspiration, encouragement, recipe idea, syn values I come on here and just by reading other posts it helps me carry on.
Good luck X

Back