How many calories a day to maintain weight lost??

Minnie Me

Hi Guys,

I plan to stay on TFR for about another 3 weeks and then refeed for 2 weeks and then maintain. I just have a couple of questions...

When refeeding for 2 weeks do you do each day twice or complete days 1 to 7 and then start at day 1 again on the 2nd week?

When i start maintaining I was wondering how many calories a day should I stick to. I was thinking if I still want to lose a few lbs then I should have 1200 a day and when I'm happy with my weight would 2000 be enough or too much?

All advice appreciated, I plan on using my fitness pal to count the calories.

Thanks in advance :jelous:

Usually people doing 2 weeks of refeed do days 1-7 and then repeat days 4-7 and do the same for the remaining few days.

There are several sites where you can calculate your BMR (basal metabolic rate (I think) ) which tells you how many calories you need to sts or lose weight based on your height, weight, age, sex and activity. I'll have a look and come back with a link or two if noone else has given you one (if you'll pardon the expression ;)) in the meantime xx

BMR Calculator

This should do it for you - if you're not clear come back and we may be able to help some more? :) x

Well done on your loss up to now, and good luck for refeeding/maintaining.

Wow Mary, your pictures are amazing. Very motivating! i would love to stick with this until I got to 11 stone but I'm finding it really tough at the moment, Will see how the next few weeks go, it really is one day at a time!

Thank you very much.

Absolutely right to take it one day at a time, best way forward. Keep at it hon. xx

Also look at myfitnesspal.com. You can work out how many cals to maintain, lose a pound, two pounds etc a week.
Good luck, you can do it.

Back