How many calories in a day?

I totally don't agree that if you eat less it stores as muscle/fat, I have now been eating 1000 cals or less a day for 11 weeks, and I feel brilliant, alot better than when I was stuffing my face with chocolate and crisps. I have now lost over 2 stone, and 1 dress size. So I have definately not stored fat. Infact my doctor said that I am doing very well, and said no prob about the low cals.

I have been losing around 3lb a week, im defo not going to up my calorie intake. Infact, I am thinking of exercising more, so I may go up to 1,200, if the weight still comes off.

:)

I think it is different for everyone and I am thinking of lowering my cal intake from 1700 to 1500, still somewhere to go if I need to drop it again but hopefully the weight should come off faster.

On another note, I have a job interview today and have just put on a dress that I used to look all lumpy and weird in, I look awesome. 5lbs is all I've lost and I look better can't wait until I lose 2 stone! Woo. I'm going to ace this interview.

Thats excellent news!! It doesn't actually matter what we weigh, its how we feel, and all these little things make all the difference...well done! ;)

Thanks all, felt really positive coming out of the interview, think I kicked arse. *crosses everything*

Hey folks, this is my 1st time on this site as have been using SW, but now find you have to be half a stone overweight in order for it to work, and as I'm 8 and a half-ish and just wanna get down about to 8st 4, I think calorie counting is for me - I also work off 1000 cals a day at the gym, so in reality I'm having a 'maintenance' allowance of 2000, which isn't like dieting at all, and still lose those few pounds - praise be the treadmill!!!!

1000 Calories in the gym everyday is huge! I heard that skiing the the best activity for calorie burning at about 500 per hour.

Snowboarding must be more. If not then it seriously strengthens leg muscles. Bloody hurts, hehe.

Ooh skiing is great fun and great exercise.

I was quite surprised at how good horse riding is for exercise. If you do lots of trotting and cantering it's about 500 an hour I think. ( I ride when I go back to my parents). And rowing I've heard is great exercise..

I like exercise when it's fun!

Hi, im just new to this so bare with me!
Im currently eating 1000cals per day, im 5ft2 and burn around 2180 per day just general breathing etc.
Im also rowing everyother day, using about 300 cals.
This is working and I am loosing weight, but everyone seems to freak a little when you mention eating 1000cals a day.....

So i am also lost!!!

I think i should probably be eating 1180 min?! According to some google info!

hey,
i don't think 1000 cals per day is too low as when i went to doctor and asked for slimming pills she refused but gave me some diet sheets. one contained 3 sections, breakfast, lunch and dinner.
there were about 11 of each breakfasts, lunches and dinners.
you choose one of each per day which adds to about 900cals and then theres a spare 100 for teas/coffees and spreads etc.
if 1000cals was too low my doc wouldn't have given this to me would she??
the other sheet contains a list of foods saying how much and how often you can eat them.

if anyone wants a copy of these sheets just email me at [email protected] and i will send them through

MrsMe xXx

mini goals

1.get into 15st range
2.lose 7lbs
3.lose 14lbs for may challenge

main goals

1.be fit enough to run around park with my baby boy in the summer
2.reach goal weight
3.maintain weightloss

ooh, please don't take my last post the wrong way. i personally think 1000cals per day is too low for me and couldn't stick to this. i am currently trying to eat 1200cals mon - thurs and 1400cals fri - sun (always eat more at weekend).
alhtough like i said how could a doctor be allowed to give this to me if it was unhealthy :confused:

goodluck everyone whichever way you choose.

MrsMe xXx

mini goals

1.get into 15st range
2.lose 7lbs
3.lose 14lbs for may challenge

main goals

1.be fit enough to run around park with my baby boy in the summer
2.reach goal weight
3.maintain weightloss

I would love to get back into horse riding again! Especially if it is such good exercise.

I think if I ate 1000 I'd lose more weight but I'd have no energy to do anything. I'll stick with my 1500, you never know I might drop it down one day and be on 1000.

I'm 5ft 7 and weigh 72.6 kg's and need to loose 6.6 in 11 weeks. I have been doing awnywhere between 1300 - 1600 cals this week however, as of yesterday 1350? and today about 1300. Will aim for 1200 - 1300 for another 4 days and then drop to 1180 and see how this works on a permanent basis until the weight goes?

Can anyone recommend a good site for info on how much I should be consuming??

Bren
X

Weight Loss Resources - you can do a 24hr free trial on there, and it'll tell you exactly how many calories you need to lose a specific amount per week.

I've put myself on 1400 a day. I know this won't make for fast weight loss but I'm hoping that by having enough calories to make "normal" meals and a few snacks I can retrain myself into doing this for life and not just go back to what I was eating when I stop the diet.

Back