How many calories should you eat to lose weight?

Zöe2

Just wondering how many calories you guys eat to lose weight. I have worked out on the internet that I should be able to eat around 1400 to lose one pound per week. Does that sound right to you lot??

Hi Zoe

If you log on to www.essentialweightloss.co.uk - they will ask age, height, weight and work out how many calories you need to lose 1lb a week. They have a 5 day free trial which I keep renewing although I will eventually subscribe to it. Iris from this board recommened it to me and I use it every day to log the food I eat and I couln't be without it at the moment.

Good Luck

Hi again Zoe,

OK this is what I've learnt: to lose 1lb of fat you have to create a calorie deficiency of 3500 per week, which is 500 per day. So you'd need to work out how many calories your body burns in a day - I'm sure there are websites which allow you to calculate this by your weight, age and activity level, maybe Google it - and subtract 500 from the figure to lose 1lb a week, or subtract 750 for 1.5lb, 1000 for 2lb (although that'd probably be tough going!)

This is just the scientific basis though, in reality I don't think many people actually lose weight at such a consistent rate!

Back