How many calories?

Awful isnt it! I didn't want him wondering where my food was and bringing unhealthy eating habits into the family so I've decided calorie counting and healthy food is much better for me and the family!

- sent from my iPhone. "No one said it would be easy, they just said it'd be worth it.."

Hi Laurenmay
How you getting on with calorie counting?
It's working well for me. I can't see me going back to the CD when I know being more sensible with what I eat works just as well (for me anyway)

TriciaM said:
Hi Laurenmay
How you getting on with calorie counting?
It's working well for me. I can't see me going back to the CD when I know being more sensible with what I eat works just as well (for me anyway)

Hi Tricia :)
I've been a bit pants lately, forever blowing my diet with naughty things like chocolate and bread, but I'm taking all temptation out of the house today ready for a fresh start tomorrow.. and there'll be no more junk food for me as of tomorrow cause I can't afford it anymore anyway!
Glad to hear you're getting on well :) how many calories are you having? Have you lost much so far? x

- start weight 12.4 - goal weight 10.0

Hi
Your head really needs to be in the right place got this dieting lark!
I'm on 1200 calories a day. I've had a few days where I've gone way over ;-) but then get right back to it the next day
I've lost 9lb this month which I'm amazed at cos I've had all the things I want to eat just not in the same quantities!
I weighed in this morning at 11st 13lb
Good luck with your losses. Keep me updated x

TriciaM said:
Hi
Your head really needs to be in the right place got this dieting lark!
I'm on 1200 calories a day. I've had a few days where I've gone way over ;-) but then get right back to it the next day
I've lost 9lb this month which I'm amazed at cos I've had all the things I want to eat just not in the same quantities!
I weighed in this morning at 11st 13lb
Good luck with your losses. Keep me updated x

I know! And my head has still been in naughty binge land for a while I think! But I'm ready to do it now, and just eager to lose some weight!
I'm sticking to 1200 calories a day too, I think if I went any higher that it'd take longer for my body to lose the weight and MFP and some online calorie calculators all recommend 1200 for my stats anyway.
Congratulations on your loss! 9lbs in a month is really good :) I'll keep you updated and make sure you do to me too! x

Hi guys
I read your thread out of interest. Have a look at the Johnson up day down day diet. There is a forum on here. Or google it.
I'm a convert. It's a diet - but only every other day! And those of us on there are steadily losing. It especially seems to suit those who are switching from vlcd or who give up after "blowing it" on one day.
It is calorie counting (although some only count on their "down" days).
Anyway, if any of you decide to join us, you will be made VERY welcome.

gentoo/aptenny

You know what, I've considered the up day down day diet cos I think I could really do it. I've proved to myself I can stick to the cambridge diet sole source for weeks without cheating and I've proved to myself that I can calorie count and still eat the things I love such a chocolate. And I really LOVE chocolate :) but that I don't miss the things I thought I would, such as milk, butter, cheese, bread, pasta, rice basically the things I craved whilst on the Cambridge. I think I'd be nervous on the up days in case I went mad! Whereas I feel in control and have a responsibility with calorie counting

After researching and reading into JUDDD the past hour or so, I'm not so sure it's for me. I'd be able to do the DD's, but I think they'd seriously make me miserable and I'd find it so daunting knowing that I'm restricted to as little as 440 calories for a whole day! And as for the UD's, I can see me eating too much of the wrong sorts of foods and gaining.

I think I'll be sticking to calorie counting :)

laurenmay said:
After researching and reading into JUDDD the past hour or so, I'm not so sure it's for me. I'd be able to do the DD's, but I think they'd seriously make me miserable and I'd find it so daunting knowing that I'm restricted to as little as 440 calories for a whole day! And as for the UD's, I can see me eating too much of the wrong sorts of foods and gaining.

I think I'll be sticking to calorie counting :)

Do you use myfitnesspal? That's keeping me on track

Yeah I do :) it's a handy app! I'm torn between calorie counting and JUDDD, their basically both the same thing but different amounts each days. It'd be like one day of CD and the next calorie counting & so on.. But then if it only produces the same weight loss as calorie counting does I question whether it's worth bothering?

laurenmay said:
Yeah I do :) it's a handy app! I'm torn between calorie counting and JUDDD, their basically both the same thing but different amounts each days. It'd be like one day of CD and the next calorie counting & so on.. But then if it only produces the same weight loss as calorie counting does I question whether it's worth bothering?

Good morning
My worry would be having too many up days :)
I'm sticking with my 1200 calorie counting and using myfitnesspal to keep me on track and if I do have a day when I go over so be it. I'm losing the same amount weekly as I was on the Cambridge which never ceases to amaze me cos historically I've struggled to lose anything when 'cutting down'
There isn't so much between your current weight and target weight. You'll get there in time. You seem to be quite hard on yourself. Just take each day at a time. X

TriciaM said:
Good morning
My worry would be having too many up days :)
I'm sticking with my 1200 calorie counting and using myfitnesspal to keep me on track and if I do have a day when I go over so be it. I'm losing the same amount weekly as I was on the Cambridge which never ceases to amaze me cos historically I've struggled to lose anything when 'cutting down'
There isn't so much between your current weight and target weight. You'll get there in time. You seem to be quite hard on yourself. Just take each day at a time. X

Good morning :) well I've decided to give JUDDD a go, just for a week to see how I get on and if it works for me, if it doesn't then I'll switch back to calorie counting. I'm having 4 UD's a week and 3 DD's, when I've averaged the calories out it works out about 1350 a day, which isn't too bad cause I'll be exercising and burning some off too :)

Good luck on the rest of your journey, and I'm sure I'll pop back over now and again to see how you're getting on! x

Hey Lauren!

Just thought i'd say hi and have a quick catch up!

I've moved up to 1000 cals. I did it because I'm in Belgium visiting family for a week but I think I'm going to keep allowing myself 1000 cals when I get home as it's so much easier. I'll still be doing CD though (kind of) as will try and incorporate two products a day, maybe at breakfast and lunch, to keep my cals down.

Hope to keep to approx 1000 a day until I reach my target. I did have 1500 yesterday as went to a party so in some ways it is a bit like JUDDD. I'm hoping yesterday's intake will give my weight loss another boost ;-)

start - 12.7 current - 11.3 target 9.10

Drunk Tinkerbell said:
Hey Lauren!

Just thought i'd say hi and have a quick catch up!

I've moved up to 1000 cals. I did it because I'm in Belgium visiting family for a week but I think I'm going to keep allowing myself 1000 cals when I get home as it's so much easier. I'll still be doing CD though (kind of) as will try and incorporate two products a day, maybe at breakfast and lunch, to keep my cals down.

Hope to keep to approx 1000 a day until I reach my target. I did have 1500 yesterday as went to a party so in some ways it is a bit like JUDDD. I'm hoping yesterday's intake will give my weight loss another boost ;-)

start - 12.7 current - 11.3 target 9.10

Hellooo! :)

Glad you're still doing well, and 1000 cals seems a lot better especially when you have twins to run around after! Lol.

I've transferred from calorie counting to JUDDD now. Still haven't overcome my problems with binge eating, and only managed a day on calorie counting before blowing it the next day like I was doing on CD... So think the alternating of calories day to day should really help combat my issues with food! I'm having 440 calories 3 days of the week, where I'll use my left over CD shakes, then on my up days I'm allowed a whopping 2200 calories! And I have 4 up days a week, so very excited ;) lol. Also two of my up days are a Saturday and Sunday, so I don't have to feel deprived and can eat normally, and if I want a treat I can have it so long as its within my calories!

Excited about this diet :) think it could be the one that works for me! Nice to see you're doing well! x

- start weight 12.2 - goal weight 10.0

Back