How many cals for my OH ?

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by farmgirl, 3 July 2009 Social URL.

1. farmgirl

farmgirl Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(17.98%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Hi folks.
    I am losing weight quite nicely on 1200 cals, healthy eating and excercise. The problem is my OH. He is 6"1' and 19 st. He usually loses weight with body building and exercise but has hurt his foot and can barely walk. Losing weight will help his foot long term but short term the only thing we can do is put him on the same sort of diet as me and get him swimming and, maybe, cycling.
    The only problem is that I don't know how many cals he needs. He is 45 and averagely active (for now).
    Any ideas ?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. mommyB

mommyB love it

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.87%)
    It depends how much he wants to loose .The book i'm using recommends 2000-2500 for a male wanting to loose 2 stone or more and a less active. this fig goes up to 2750 to 3000 for a someone very active.

Hopes this is of some help

4. Iris

Iris Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    7st11lb(47.39%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting (also known as relentless self-denial)
    Maybe try totting up what he has on average on a normal day, then cut it by 600 calories to start with and see how it goes. I'd guess he would lose weight comfortably on 2500 calories a day.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.