How many eggs can one have per day on each of the PP and PV days?

ElbieLouw

One can actually do so much with eggs but I am worried that I have too many eggs per day. I use the recipe for 'fake toast' from the book and that uses 1 egg + 2 whites. I want to make a quiche for supper, which takes 3 eggs. How many is allowed? I think I read 7 per week?

I think you are right to stick to 7 especially if you have cholesterol issues. I use my weekly quota of eggs in my muffins but occasionally I do have extra in an omelette but not very often. Don't think it is set in stone though and is advisory so a few extra every now and then perhaps would be okay.

ive never had a problem with it affecting my weight loss but everyones different ;)

I think it's a personal decision. I love eggs and eat 3 yolks per day every day. I've researched a lot about cholesterol and am happy with my decision not to limit my intake as encouraged by Dukan.

Weight loss should not be an issue as eggs are high-protein, low fat - so not a problem. As others have said if you have a cholesterol prob best to stick to the recommended levels - but otherwise just enjoy them.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oh my - how on earth to stick to only having 7 yolks per week - i loved being able to fill myself up with egg based recipes

Oh my - how on earth to stick to only having 7 yolks per week - i loved being able to fill myself up with egg based recipes

I couldn't do it. Omelettes, quiches and 'eggy' stir fries make up the large majority of my diet. I even eat porridge for breakfast to save my egg allowance for later!

I'm not too worried though. I think I'm right in saying last summer the official line on eggs was not more than 3 yolks a day for those without a cholesterol problem, so I've decided to carry on following those guidelines.

Ill stick with eating as many as i want... the diet has cut out fats in other areas and has me eating better fats in fish etc

read this for what the british heart foundation recommends British Heart Foundation - High cholesterol

Back