how many eggs can you eat a week?

glammam

I think I am eating too many eggs. I am having 2 a day but only on pp days so prob around 6-8 a week. Is this too much? A bit worried about my cholestrol. I love them tho!

I have 2 every morning plus 2-3 a day if I make muffins. If you don't have cholesterol issues I wouldn't worry too much x

I agree, don't worry about it, my cholesterol is slightly raised but if it takes the odd omelet etc to keep me on the straight and narrow then I'll deal with the raised levels when I reach my target weight. What is important to me is sticking to the plan and variety helps me do that. Had a three egg omelet for tea today with meatballs and also had one yesterday but then might not have eggs for days. I'm probably averaging ten a week (including the ones I waste trying to make muffins!!!)

I have at least two a day as i have muffins nearly every day! Whoops maybe im having too many but couldnt survive without my daily dose of muffins!

I could be wrong but I thought it was 2 daily but unlimited egg whites.

Just checked the book again and as I understand it it is two, and unlimited whites x

Don't forget you can buy egg whites on their own!! I use "two chicks" ,they come in a carton which I found in the chiller section by ready made pastry!

I eat loads but the health guidelines have changed again ... i posted a link a while ago on another egg thread ... im sure it said there was no link to eggs & raised colesterol

Back