How many eggs?

Nikkiwales

I know this is a subject even for those not on diets. How many eggs can you eat a week? Before xmas i was eating at least 2 a day and i ended up in terrible pain with constpation. I have put it down to the amount of eggs i was eating as everything else shouldn't be a problem. They just make such a varied meal and so filling but i'm trying to find alternate meals now.
So how many eggs do you eat and should they be a restriction of how many with SW? or have they already ? :eek:

up to ten. people with high cholesterol should aim for 2 a week x

The food standards agency no longer advise limiting eggs unless specifically told to by your own GP.
As you find they mae you constipated maybe you should have less.
I find them so versatile and filling.

If I remember correctly, SW advises that you have no more than 7 eggs a week. They may have changed that now though...

thats good to know as i love egg! thanks eternity x:D

More eggs can be consumed these days since the government lifted the ban because of Cholesterol, I don't go to a class so I don't know how many SW advise, but I eat at lease 2 a day sometimes 3, so I probably eat at least 10/12 eggs a week, they are SF food and so versatile.

Eggs are fab aren't they? My fave way to eat them is just sunny side on toast or a loaded fritatta! Unfortunately eggs are no longer a superfree food, there was a long thread about this. I got the new SW book on Thursday and superfree foods are limited to fruit and veg now (SF veg does not include peas, sweetcorn, parsnips, sweet potatoes, potatoes etc. I.e. only veg free on an original day is superfree). Its not too traumatic though as eggs are still a free food and you can eat as much as you like to be satisfied but they're no longer classed as superfree.

Unfortunately eggs are no longer a superfree food, there was a long thread about this. I got the new SW book on Thursday and superfree foods are limited to fruit and veg now (SF veg does not include peas, sweetcorn, parsnips, sweet potatoes, potatoes etc. I.e. only veg free on an original day is superfree). Its not too traumatic though as eggs are still a free food and you can eat as much as you like to be satisfied but they're no longer classed as superfree.

OMG, I didn't know this......thank you for posting this.

Can we still eat potatoes & peas etc as FREE food on EE days? (I don't attend a class)..

It used to be thought that foods high in cholesterol (like egg yolk) caused high cholesterol in humans. It has been known for years that this is not in fact the case, but it has taken government advice (and SW advice) a long time to catch up with this.

You will see a lot of foods advertised as being low-cholesterol, especially American products, but this is irrelevant. And all those Californians who insist on having egg-white omelettes are as daft as we always thought they were!!

Some people produce cholesterol because they eat too much saturated fat, some because of heredity, some just do and no-one knows why.

From a cholesterol point of view you can have as many eggs as you like. However, as you have discovered, some people's digestive system can't deal with them. It's just a question of working out what is right for you.

I love eggs! I've never heard about the '7 egg limit' by SW though???? x

Donnie, yes I think so, as I understand this from the posts, they have changed some of the foods from super free to just free so its not going to make much difference apart from filling your plate 1/3 with superfree foods, but as its free anyway its shouldn't matter.

sometimes I have 3 eggs a day, some days I have none, some days I have one, I couldn't really say how many I have a week, as it varies a great deal. I do like to try and vary what I have though, so don't like to have the same thing every day.

The main thing is the constipation issue with eggs and you will need to know your limit with that regard. SW does cause memebers to bloat and become constipated, but a frquent change of intake and food stuffs usually sorts this one out.

Phil x

The main thing is the constipation issue with eggs and you will need to know your limit with that regard. SW does cause memebers to bloat and become constipated, but a frquent change of intake and food stuffs usually sorts this one out.

Phil x

I have discovered this this week!!! I look about 6 months preg today lol!!!!!!

Be aware its three years out of date though and the advice may have changed. Eggs are not superfree for a start!

I go through a box of 15 eggs a week

Back