How many grams??

Hi there,

For Induction -which you may want to stay on for a few months until you have lost quite a bit of weight, is 20grams of NET carbs - that is the carb count minus the fibre count.

Once you are losing, and want to start adding foods (foods that are still on this eating plan though!), you can start adding things and checking to see if you are losing weight or if it is stalling you.

It's recommended to read the Atkins books, or at the very least their website which outlines foods, the number of carbs you are allowed to consume a day etc.

Hope this helps!

I think anything less than 50-60g carbs a day is officially considered low carb n should induce mild ketosis symptoms but we're all different.

Aye, gotta agree with Claire like, I started off initially on about 40 a day and I went into ketosis...this is before I found this forum and went down to about 25....it really does depend on your body...and possibly how much you have to lose?

Agree 50 seems to be about average for many people. Atkins deliberately went lower for induction to help everyone break those carb cravings plus really get well into ketosis. Personally once you have spent some time at 20, it's quite hard to get back up past 40 without adding lots of sf naughties...:eek:

Back