How many is too many?

fairy3853

Can anyone help me out with this at all?

Im realy struggaling at the minuate and so close to coming off plan, the only thing keeping me going is that i damn well want to be the exact same weight as I was when I conceived my son and I know how mortified I will be if i quit. But its honestly never ever been this hard.

The only thing keeping me going is Bannanas, but im eating loads of them and I mean loads and im wondering if it would be better to syn some bread in rather than reaching for yet another nana.

Also, Muller Lights. Im not too bad with these at the minuate, but as im realy craving sweet stuff, it would help to know I could (despite what SW say) reach for one when I need one.

Do you guys limit nanas & mullers, despite them being free?

Sorry I can't help as I don't like bananas and can only eat 1 yoghurt a day as I don't really like the texture but when I went to SW a few years ago the consultant said to only eat 1 or 2 bananas a day and try to eat more SS fruits. This may have changed now and I'm sure someone will be able to tell you more on here. Good luck and stay strong x

Exactly how many is loads? 1 or 2 bananas a day is not excessive but some people find even that too much. With Mullerlights you have to remember that each one is 100 calories so it can mount up if you are having a lot. There are stories of people having 10 a day, and even though they are free foods, that's 1000 calories just in snacks!

I think the trick is to have really big meals so you're not hungry in between. I used to be a terrible snacker but since I've been piling my plate high the snack attacks have almost vanished!!

I love bananas but try to have no more than 2 a day but I wouldn't stop myself eating a third if I really wanted to snack because it's better than reaching for a mars bar :)

As I understand it, you will lose weight faster if you limit bananas and grapes as although these are free, they are higher in sugar / density than other fruits, so you if you are struggling to lose weight then it would be advisable to switch to a superfree fruit.
That said, if you're hungry and need to eat, you should go for what is helping fill you up... My c says that to go hungry is a bad thing as your metabolism will be slowing down, so you're better eating anything superfree (even higher density like bananas) than not eating anything iykwim.

How about making some pots of fruit salad up? Put kiwi,grapefruit,apple,pear,strawberries,blackberries etc in it. Try to go for the ss foods-bananas aren't a speed food x

If it's free, it's free. But as someone else has said, if you're eating good filling meals, you shouldn't feel the need to snack on loads of bananas and yoghurts.

I try and limit myself to 2 of each a day - but if it's those or a bar of chocolate... well, I know which I'd rather choose!

I'm going to get flamed for this, but eating to satisfy a craving is not on the plan!
Eat to satisfy hunger, try not to go too long between meals, try having six small meals a day, make three of them superfree like a chopped fruit medley mid morning, superfree soup mid afternoon, and a soup or salad or fruit medley for supper.

Maybe use your syns for an Options Hot chocolate and a Freddo bar last thing at night, so you can look forward to it.

Remember it's in the last eight weeks that baby puts on the most weight, so I would increase your portion size, add lots of protein to each meal, which satisfies for longer.
Too much sugar in pregnancy isn't good for you.

Lastly, cravings won't kill you x

I'm going to get flamed for this, but eating to satisfy a craving is not on the plan!
Eat to satisfy hunger, try not to go too long between meals, try having six small meals a day, make three of them superfree like a chopped fruit medley mid morning, superfree soup mid afternoon, and a soup or salad or fruit medley for supper.

Maybe use your syns for an Options Hot chocolate and a Freddo bar last thing at night, so you can look forward to it.

Remember it's in the last eight weeks that baby puts on the most weight, so I would increase your portion size, add lots of protein to each meal, which satisfies for longer.
Too much sugar in pregnancy isn't good for you.

Lastly, cravings won't kill you x

Im 32 weeks, so maybe that explains why im so hungry. The bannanas im scoffing arnt neseseraly a craving, but at the minuate an apple isnt satisfiying me so its eather grab a sandwich or grab a nana. I do only eat them when i hungry though, but it just seems to be constantly. I had dinner yesterday a nice sized jacket spud, salad & tuna & an hour later I was hungry again.

Maybe im finding it so hard as I think im eating too much? i dont know, but im going to have a better more posative day today

I would limit bananas to 2 a day personally. Are you eating enough at meal times? How about using some of your syns for ryvita or toast and having a savoury snack instead? Maybe you are just plain hungry? Have you tried making any of the free soups. They are delicious and really help when you feel hungry. It's not the easiest being pregnant and you are doing a great job by watching what you eat so keep it up! You will be glad you did when bubba is born xx

Just wanted to add.. make sure you are drinking lots of water too as you can often feel hungry when in fact you are thirsty x

fairy3853 said:
Im 32 weeks, so maybe that explains why im so hungry. The bannanas im scoffing arnt neseseraly a craving, but at the minuate an apple isnt satisfiying me so its eather grab a sandwich or grab a nana. I do only eat them when i hungry though, but it just seems to be constantly. I had dinner yesterday a nice sized jacket spud, salad & tuna & an hour later I was hungry again.

Maybe im finding it so hard as I think im eating too much? i dont know, but im going to have a better more posative day today

Also your body sends funny signals at the end weeks of pregnancy, the hunger pangs could in effect be indigestion, I had terrible thirst/hunger with my son, then I would throw up explosively! When I started taking Gaviscon the hunger and thirst lessened! Bodies are weird!

I suggest you graze, this is often suggested about now as bubs will be pushing everything upwards giving you less room for eating and breathing. So honestly try the six meals a day as long as they're mostly SF you shouldn't gain!
The other thing is, try sleeping! Often we have sugar cravings when we're tired. Have a nap if you can x

My consultant told me to have an HEXa extra, which I was using for cheese, i had such a craving for it, now iv gone the other way, most days i cant stomach it, but I am making sure i have cottage cheese every day, which at the minuate isnt a problem as thats my new craving.

The booklet iv got mentions having an extra HEXb as well, but my consultant ( not going to group anymore) said that was up to me, so long as I was gettinmg my fibre in. We discussed it and as I wanted to loose afew pounds she recomended just having the one HEXb and syninng another in if needs, which im going to do for the rest of the week. Also that way, If im synning in bread, I wont have any syns left for chocolate which I would much rather avoid.

Back