How Many Lbs to a Dress Size?

I've lost 2 st 0.5 lbs and apart from my face being less chubby and my jeans a tiny bit looser, not gone down any sizes, which makes me wonder, where is this fat coming off from? lol

Mines been around 12 pounds for a dress size, but everyones different. Have to check my BMI. xxx

Just checked my BMI and started off at 14 stones with a BMI of 33.6 size 22 top and 18-20 bottoms, now 11.05lbs and BMI is 26.5. Size 14-16 top and 14 bottoms. Lost 41.5 lbs and gone down 3-4 dress sizes so works out about 12 pounds per dress size for me. Mad. xxx

Can anyone help,

I have had 4 WI and lost 1st, however my measurements are
bust- the same
waist- -2inch
hips- -1inch
thigh- -2inch

I started wearing a size 20-22, depending on where I shopped, and I am still wearing a size 20-22. If 1st equals 1inch of my hips It will take me another 2 stone to get into 18-20's that seems a bit mad. It is my first time dieting so do you lose inches from different parts of your body all the time or will it keep following this pattern. I exersize twice a week (45 minutes) and have become more active too, I think all the squats is why it has gone of my thighs but I really wanted to fit in my 18 summer clothes and I am not sure this will happen now :-(

Hiya don't be disheartened you have done brilliantly for losing the weight you have, as we all know it isn't easy!

Anyway rule of thumb is 1st equals 1 dress size or it did for me last year, I lost 4.5 stone. Sounds silly but have you tried a smaller size on, the reason I ask is because when I was losing weight last year I automatically picked up larger sizes obviously these fitted me which was annoying but my counsellor asked me to try a smaller size on( I felt I couldn't because disappointment might set in and switch my positive thoughts to negative ones) however I did try a smaller size on and low and behold it fitted!!! As the stones disappeared so did the amount of material needed to cover my body lol.

Stay strong and don't lose sight of how well you have done. Xx

I have a pair of primark size 20's which I still cant fasten up. My peacocks size 20's however I can easily slide on and off and my hand can fit in so I may see how far a peacocks 18 is off fastening. Thank you, I have size 18 summer clothes from last year which were tbh slightly tight then as I couldn't face buying 20's. My mini goal is to fit in them by August. I'm not giving up as I honestly think I can do, I am quite wide shouldered and hipped anyway so I am wondering if that is why it is slower to come of my hips and chest (cant wait to buy nicer, smaller bras! :))

I think it all depends on the person and the shop! I was 10st 6 and a size 14, i went to 15st and was a 16-18, dropped to 12st 6lb and was back in a 14???!!!

My mum is a big girl, she was in a 30-32, has lost over 7 stone and is just starting to get into a 26!

It's been about 1st to a dress size for me, however I think that will slow now as I carry so much weight on my tummy, though the rest of me (hips waist) fits into the next size down, there's not enough room in the front of my jeans for the tum!

Well just went on a dress up mission in my wardrobe. My primark 20's are still a good few inches of fitting :-/. My m&s 20's are still an inch at most of fastening...can fasten if I breath in but I hate overhang and it hurts, lol. However my New look 18's can fasten...even though it is a tight fit it is looser than marks and my Asda 20 are def loose. Measured myself with a tape measure and I am 48 inches which is a 20 right? According to Next there 20 is a 48.5 so might try a next 20 on and check my measuring is right.

This is so confusing lol x

Just checked M n S and there 20 is a 47.... so I was right with an inch to go.

Sorry I'm highjacking this thread but I did notice that on the MnS size guide there is a 3 inch difference between 22 and 20 and only 2inches between 20 and 18. So should take less time to drop to the 18 I assume.

Can anyone help,

I have had 4 WI and lost 1st, however my measurements are
bust- the same
waist- -2inch
hips- -1inch
thigh- -2inch

I started wearing a size 20-22, depending on where I shopped, and I am still wearing a size 20-22. If 1st equals 1inch of my hips It will take me another 2 stone to get into 18-20's that seems a bit mad. It is my first time dieting so do you lose inches from different parts of your body all the time or will it keep following this pattern. I exersize twice a week (45 minutes) and have become more active too, I think all the squats is why it has gone of my thighs but I really wanted to fit in my 18 summer clothes and I am not sure this will happen now :-(

What you need to remember is that you aren't just losing visible subcutaneous fat from your body. You are losing fat deposits from around your organs too, which wont be visible in inch loss terms. I found that it wasnt until I got within a couple of stone of target that it suddenly became very obvious that I had lost a lot of weight, and my stomach was the last area to lose it. I was like an egg on matchsticks for ages.

If you are looking for good inch loss as well, Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred dvd has given many people here very good results. There are plenty of threads on the forum about it if you want to find out more, and it is a challenging work out, but can be very effective for toning up.

Thanks Madamelaminx, I will look into it. I'm not too godd with workout dvds though. Thats why I go to classes, I tend to cheat at home :(

I know what you mean - this is quite a good one though, all the exercises are in short bursts, 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio, and 1 minute of abs. Three times, all different exercises. Very good for not having to do one thing for too long and getting bored with it. And theres three levels of intensity. And it hurts, but it is REALLY effective if you want to start fitting in stuff quicker.

Back