How many of us have done this??

Dietingdon

Silver Member
After reading a lot of posts on here, I've noticed that a lot of us, including myself, have done either LL or CD before, only to gain the weight back, and sometimes more. I lost 3.5 stones on LL in 2005, only to gain 6 stones after coming off the plan, I then lost 5 stones on CD to re-gain 2, and now am back on CD. Why do we do it? we know what makes us gain weight, and I scare myself, by asking myself the question, " why will I be different this time?" We put ourselves though hell to lose it on SS, when really the hardest part is keeping it off.
Sorry if this seems like a depressing thread, didnt want it to be, more just food (sorry) for thought.

Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff Head stuff...and a wee bit of being an ejit.

Need to sort that head stuff.

What Coley said.

I am determined this time though. I have learned from my mistakes.

I am throwing away my big clothes so I won't be allowed to put the weight back on.

I will become a proper obsessive, but I don't care. I used to have a carefree attitude to weight watching and that's how I got in this mess.

Control control control.

I am blaming it on not working up the steps and taking too long to join sw.... where my weight stabilised. This time round I am determined to do the steps and rejoin sw longterm as food optomising can be a way of life for me!

I did CD before, lost 7st and luckily only put 3st back on. I started looking in the mirror and liking what I saw, so the urgency to diet was gone, I started to pick and then BAM! fat again!

I agree with Coley. It's all head stuff. You have to figure out why you ate and got fat in the first place and remedy that otherwise no amount of being slim will stop you from going down the slippery slope again.

have a look at the 'concerned' thread as well, it seems a popular (understandably) worry at the moment

and head stuff head stuff head stuff made me smile and sent my eyes squiffy, but it's a very valid point!

I think by doing it the second time round I know now never ever ever again will I put the weight back on. I am setting myself a margin and if I go over it I know there is some serious work to be put in!

I lost 4 stone and put 3 back on. Don't ever want to go through it again so have made the following committments to myself:

- I will reach goal this time of between 10 stone and 10 and a half.
- I will work up the plans when the time is right with my CDC
- I will learn from my blips
- I will continue to weigh in with my CDC once a month for the forseeable future so if my weight goes over 10.7 we can deal with it!

It's a tough journey, but that's all it is a journey. Do we want to keep travelling down a road that we know is a dead end!
x

Keep going to weigh ins is a good idea, i must remember that and consult with my dietist if that is a possibility for me as well (though id better get started first lol)

I lost 4 stone and put 3 back on. Don't ever want to go through it again so have made the following committments to myself:

- I will reach goal this time of between 10 stone and 10 and a half.
- I will work up the plans when the time is right with my CDC
- I will learn from my blips
- I will continue to weigh in with my CDC once a month for the forseeable future so if my weight goes over 10.7 we can deal with it!

It's a tough journey, but that's all it is a journey. Do we want to keep travelling down a road that we know is a dead end!
x

This thread might interest you....

http://www.minimins.com/cd-1000-maintenance/108817-giving-yourself-leeway.html

Thanks Nicole,

I guess having read that I didn't mean i am happy to go up and down within 7lbs. BUT if I am happy at a weight of say 10 - 10 and a half then it means if I reach the top end of that I do something about it straight away. I would ideally love to get to a weight i am really happy at and then not fluctuate by more than a couple of pounds. BUT I also know I've always been overweight so if I have a cut off point of say 10.7 and I deal with it then, it will hopefully mean I won't let the weight creep on..... and on...... and on!

Hope that makes more sense. I can't be more specific about my goal as won't know what weight I'm happy at until I get there!!!! x

all about follwoing the steps first then looking at it again after the steps having a very cautios approach and no what you can get away with and cant everybodys body is different...

Back