how many of you do WW yourself at home?

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by mrsm2007, 6 November 2008 Social URL.

1. mrsm2007

mrsm2007 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    9st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st1lb
    Lost(%):
    2st3lb(18.79%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers now slimming world!
    hello :)

im planning to do WW myself at home when i start up again in the new year - just wondering how many of you girls on here do it by yourselves rather than go to the classes.

just bought a copy of the WW shopping and eating out guide for 2008 off ebay so have been having a look at them etc.

do you think its acheivable to do on your own - or do you think a group atmosphere is the way forward.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Jennyonaplate

Jennyonaplate Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I think there's quite a few people on here that go it alone - these boards and everyone on them, provide fantastic support.

I'm following the online plan and it would be so tough without the support on here.

4. mommyB

mommyB love it

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.87%)
    I did do it myself at home for a while and did quite well. Problem came when I went on holiday, I just wasn't disciplined enough to get myself back on track, so have been to classes ever since. I do find it suits me, but each to their own.
    Really good luck to you whichever you choose.

5. Jax123

Jax123 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st3lb(19.6%)
    I'm doing it myself as I cant afford the meetings or the 'at home' plan - working for me at the moment - but this forum is a big part of my sticking to it :D Everyone is so supportive.

Good luck

6. blackwidow

blackwidow Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st2lb
    Current Weight:
    19st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    WW
    i'm the same as Jax - do it alone cause its too expensive to go to classes! I know fine well if i hadnt found this forum i would have given up after a few weeks.. but everyone on here is great :D

7. Lozbo

Lozbo Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight watchers
    I'm doing it at home for the moment...see how it works out. I did go to classes but got too expensive for me.

8. Anna_B

Anna_B Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers Points
    I'm doing ww online although I might stop that when my 3 months are up & just go it alone.

9. Gemma1986

Gemma1986 Im just me!

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(5.9%)
    I don't trust my self to do ww at home as i am bad enought when i go to the classes!!

10. mrsm2007

mrsm2007 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    9st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st1lb
    Lost(%):
    2st3lb(18.79%)
    Diet:
    thanks girls :)

11. Born to try

Born to try Full Member

Diet:
    weighty watching
    me and my gf have been on the plan for 6 days - we are going to do it ourselves... if we find it doesn't work we'll sign up. We never used to stay for the meeting... its a lot of money to get someone to weigh you...

12. lea8198

lea8198 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    84.82kg
    Current Weight:
    78.02kg
    Goal Weight:
    68.04kg
    Lost(%):
    6.8kg(8.02%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi there. I go alone at home and so far so good :D My sister is going alone too so we do have that little bit of competition and I think that helps :D

13. smilerjen

smilerjen Has the power of the horn

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    16st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi, I do it at home too! I honestly didnt think I would have the will power to do it as I am totally rubbish! However, the program is so great and the support you receive on here is amazing!
    Good luck with your journey!! :)

14. mrsm2007

mrsm2007 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    9st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st1lb
    Lost(%):
    2st3lb(18.79%)
    Diet:
    thanks for your replies - i defintately think that coming on here will be a big help to me!

15. lydia150970

lydia150970 Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    SW
    I first did WW 6 years ago and lost 6 stone, I did it on my own buying all the books off Ebay, there was never even one week when I put on, I lost every week. Unfortunately I put about 4 stone back on, but that was partly my fault (70% blame) and partly due to some injections I was having for 6 months and one of the side effects was weight gain (30% blame) can't blame WW at all! This time I just don't have the discipline that i had back then so I go to classes, but if you feel you have the discpline and self motivation then def go it alone and save all that money, this website is invaluable as well, so come on here loads x

16. Lou1973

Lou1973 Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    my friend is doing it at home on her own from books and she's doing brilliantly - i saw her last night and it's made a huge difference already.

she said it has helped doing it with her mum as they keep each other motivated

17. Karenlou

Karenlou Gold Member

I do think having someone to weigh in with is a big help. I used to get weighed at Boots with my mum and I lost quite a bit that way (too scared not to lol).

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.