How many Syns a day?

TinselAngel

I m doing SW at home as I have had success doing it as a 'postal' member years ago and find it easy to follow. Just wondering if people in groups get advice on the number of Syns to use based on their weight etc.? Or is it just 5-15 for everyone regardless? Thanks

5-15 for women 5-20 for men. But they say you need to be sure to use 5 a day otherwise you are only 2/3 of the way on plan. My consultant is very helpful, my mum joined with me and she wasn't using the 5, and found her weight loss stalled because she was binge eating then as she wasnt allowing herself to enjoy the treats that you can have on SW. The consultant was blunt but it was true since mum has started her 5 a day minimum shes getting better losses. Cause now she enjoys a biscuit with her tea or has her ketchup and sauces she always loved. :) :) :)

Thanks - can't imagine not wanting to use my Syns - I'm more likely to be looking for ways to make them last. I find they go half on recipe ingredients or sauces, and half on treats like a little chocolate. this morning I really fancied a cinnamon raisin bagel for brekky so I took half a one out of the freezer and had it toasted with a teeny bit of flora buttery. A lovely treat, and I'm happy to be fully on plan. I've also used two to cover the bit of oil in my leftover curry for lunch. Feel nice and full now though not stuffed, and looking forward to a little walk now. Bye and thanks again.

I always mix mine up some days il keep them low 5ish on weekends take them up to 10-15 and I do use flexi Syns if needed :)

I aim for 5-10 syns a day xx Mine generally go on sauces but do use them on hot choc or chocolate too :D Sunday is usually my highest syn day as I use them on gravy, yorkshire puddings and marg in mash lol x

I average about 10 a day. I try to keep meals syn free as much as possible, so it mostly goes on chocolate. :oops:

My previous consultant talked about setting custom syn values in the new member talk but never actually did it. I think it still falls within the 5-15 range, they may just recommend people with more to lose stick to the higher value so they're getting enough calories and aren't deprived. Purely guessing on that though!

Officially, according to two consultants, women over a certain weight (blowed if I can remember what that was :) ) can be offered 20 syns per day. This is because of the drastic change that cutting down to the lower number would mean. If you can stick at it only because you have higher syns, then so be it. This is the official line but it seems most consultants keep everyone to the 15 syns. The ones who told me this said it just complicates matters, and they don't bother with it unless a new member is struggling.

I am back on SW after falling off wagon over the last few months and have regained the half stone I lost last summer.
I have 9lbs to lose to get to my ideal target but found last time I did SW I had very slow weight loss if I went over 5 syns a day.
Is this a common experience to those who did not have a lot to lose?

I find if I go above 10 syns my weight loss is less. Not sure why but I've always been same x
Suppose it's down to the individual really x I know a lot of members at my group that have the full 15 every day and still lose good amounts xx it's what works best for your body and between 5-10 works best for me x

Officially, according to two consultants, women over a certain weight (blowed if I can remember what that was :) ) can be offered 20 syns per day. This is because of the drastic change that cutting down to the lower number would mean. If you can stick at it only because you have higher syns, then so be it. This is the official line but it seems most consultants keep everyone to the 15 syns. The ones who told me this said it just complicates matters, and they don't bother with it unless a new member is struggling.
I had never heard of this until last Friday my consultant was giving the new member talk an said people of certain weight can have these syns an those over or under can have these syns not sure what weights they were as class was very busy but that's the first time I heard that as I always thought it was 5/15 syns a day for all.

Back