how many syns do u have a day?

I try and do 0-5 just because I have alot of weight to loose. Im trying to train my brain to reach for free food rather than a treat.

I'm the same! I have a mega sweet tooth and sometimes feel that 15 isn't enough to satisfy it. My Consultant says that women should have 12 a day and men should have 15, but I've got quite a lot of weight to lose and feel that if I went too low syn-wise, my body would probably think it's starving!

I am terrible at the mo, been doing SW for 4 weeks and so far not counted my syns coz I drink alcohol at the weekend (not counting any syns at all) and have a treat after weigh in on Thursday night but the rest of the week I am strict and don't use syns at all. It's worked up to now, but I think it's going to bite me on the bum this week and I'll have put on - I'm hoping that will be my wake up call and I'll start being more strict and curb the alcohol!

Our c told us to start the week with 70 in our heads and work down the week. So that is 10 a day. I very rarely get to that, never use up all my syns as by the time I have had my meals and fruit and water, I am pretty full anyway.

I very rarely get up to 15. Most days about 3-4. Sometimes up to 10 and I think since I started slimming world 6 weeks ago there's only been 3 occasions where I've gone over. So yeah, it varies a bit ... Lol

So you are the same as me then. I still only lose about a lb a week though. I have been eating grapefruit and melon like it is going out of fashion this week, combined with loads of sparkling water. So trips to the bathroom are very frequent!!

lol I know what you mean. Yeah, I have been trying to make sure I always have the 1/3 plate superfree per meal as it really is important and does make a difference. Altho admittedly, I do find this difficult with my lunch as I tend to have a musghot or similar, but for breakfast all I have is superfree (a banana and an orange), so maybe it evens out? anyways, the past couple weeks I've lost 2.5lbs per week, so I'm quite pleased really...and surprised!

I have 10 a day, every day, i love my syns!

Just be careful you don't go too mad on superfree! I was having loads for superfree and superspeed/speed foods and wasn't losing weight or as much as i thought! Turns out i'm eating too much of the good stuff lol! Not eating enough "free food" so not balanced. Still sticking to my 70 syns per week as i've always had and i can manage on that unless its a big night out then i might have to flexisyn!

Please don't think that by only allowing yourself a few syns a day will speed up your weight loss! It doesn't work in the long run!Also you are only denying yourself little pleasures lol as well as everyday syns like sauces, butters etc. Syns are there to be used!

I find milky ways to be a massive waste of syns. It's 6 syns for a small one. I tend to eat curly wurlys for my chocolate fix. They're 6 syns each and, if you keep them in the fridge, they last longer. The other thing I like to do is buy a bar of chocolate and cut it up in to pieces, then stick the pieces in the freezer. That way, I can't bite in to them so I have to suck the chocolate and it lasts a really long time.

I've been trying to aim for 10 syns a day but sometimes I'll only have a few and sometimes I'll have the full 15.

The food diary really helps me keep track of where I'm at. I always have one with me and I write everything down as I eat it so I don't forget anything.

Try to have as little as possible so can treat at weekend I know they say not to but if I don't loose I will stop doing it :0) only on week 3 so trial and error really

Nat

Thats weird, has anyone else's consultant said to have no more than 10 syns on EE? I always thought up to 15 was fine on EE...
Mine says you can have them all but aim for 10

I think I average at about 7 a day; mainly on butter, chocolate and sometimes milk when I use cheese as my hexa (I'm doing EE)

I tend to have about 2 a day, i'm not a massive fan of chocolate and a packet of crisps really isn't worth the syn values and I can never stop at one! If i do use them its in cooking for mayo and other sauces etc.

Usually around 12-14 a day. Sometimes less, depends. Last three days its been 14.5-15, last week i was only having 9-10, so all depends really.

Back