how many syns do you use

blonde8

Morning all! I just wondered how many syns a day u all have roughly as they say between 5-15 can u have the maximum and still lose weight xx

Morning!! I'm not the most experienced member on here as only been on SW a week but just wanted to add my thoughts. I am aiming for about 12 a day - there is a woman at our club who has lost a lot of weight and still has abit to lose but has no sins whatsoever!! She seems quite proud of it and is so determined - at the moment!! I just think we should have sins otherwise I think it becomes more like all the other strict diets - I need to maintain after I have lost as have spent all my life a yo-yo dieter and want to use SW for the rest of my life if I can!! I will be interested to see what the other members think!!

Im new and not that experienced either. I try and eat all of mine everyday and am happy with my losses so far!

I am sure I read somewhere that the syns are part of the plan and the way it is constructed so it is workable and enjoyable and not so restrictive we get bored. So until my weight loss suffers I will nom up all 15 of mine everyday and enjoy that little chocolate treat or crisps or both.

I have always had around 10 a day, sometimes more sometimes less, but they are there to be enjoyed. You may lose weight faster if you don't have them, as syns are only extra calories after all, but everyone needs a little treat here and there! People who don't have them may find that further on down the line, they begin to crave the foods they have forbidden themselves from having and then have a binge. I know that SW like to tell us that the 'synergy' of syns, free foods and HEs have some kind of magical properties when put together, but we all know that's a load of claptrap.

I have only ever once used all mine when I had a bad weekend and complete blow out! I am in week 6 and usually use between 5-10 per day! Mainly on sauces ect for dinners, and the occasional freddo when I fancy some choc, I do try and snack on super free foods when I can x

I don't stick to any hard and fast number per day - they're there to use and enjoy :) I do generally have at least 5 a day though. Once you get near target syns tend to be the thing you can cut back on to help the losses along, so if you're not having any in the first place there's nothing to cut back x

I stick to the weekly limit. Normally friday & Saturday I have more then rest of the week around 10 each day

I have always had around 10 a day, sometimes more sometimes less, but they are there to be enjoyed. You may lose weight faster if you don't have them, as syns are only extra calories after all, but everyone needs a little treat here and there! People who don't have them may find that further on down the line, they begin to crave the foods they have forbidden themselves from having and then have a binge. I know that SW like to tell us that the 'synergy' of syns, free foods and HEs have some kind of magical properties when put together, but we all know that's a load of claptrap.

It's not 'claptrap' at all! It's true! By eatin your free and super free you're fueling your body, and feeding your appetite; healthy extras maintain fibre and calcium levels, and syns keep you from feeling deprived, whilst also ensuring that people get some fat in their diets!

I use my syns on chocolate and crisps. My diet would actually be healthier if I didn't eat them. Of course the superfree/free/HEs aren't claptrap but maybe I didn't make myself clear. What I meant was that the whole idea that somehow you need your syns nutritionally is a load of rubbish. They feed a psychological need, but do not provide the nutritional 'synergy' that SW bang on about. They are treats, little extras, and not a magic bullet.

I don't think SW have ever said they make up a 'nutritional synergy'!!!

They are part of a 'synergy' and you have hit the nail on the head when you say they are treats/extras.
It means for some, they can use their syns and not feel deprived or like they have blown their diet! Therefore, they make up a plan that works...without them, for some, the paln would not work.
Synergy just means more than two 'things' that work together to give a better result!

I suppose I dislike the whole 'synergy' thing because when syns were known as sins, the word synergy never passed a SW Consultant's lips.

I usually have between 5-8 a day. When I first started sw I had all 15 daily. Now that I am 7lbs from target I have cut back :)

I suppose I dislike the whole 'synergy' thing because when syns were known as sins, the word synergy never passed a SW Consultant's lips.

True!!
But that was years ago and things change and move on! Personally, I think it was a very clever move of SW, whoever thought of it is genius!! lol
To be fair, it doesn't really matter what they're called...its all part of the plan. Enjoy them!!

Oh, and I lose best if I have between 7 and 10 per day...!!

I have all fifteen of mine, would probably lose faster if I didn't, BUT by havin them it makes the plan easier for me to follow, I have not ever felt the need to slip off plan (apart from when we had a weekend away, and I made the decision before we went that I wold take a few days off) and have lost consistently every week (apart from this week mind lol), if you want them have them, if you have some left over at the end of the day and don't need them, then don't worry, but it does give you something to pull back on when things slow down or you need a boost. I'm giving it another week on full syns to see what happens, if I don't lose again this week then I will drop a few each day.

I use about 8 a day, but I genuinely don't miss them but then if I know I need to use more at a weekend for a drink or eating out I know I have some to spare.

I haven't had any today thinking about it. I'm sure I'll make up for it tomorrow. Do you think having the same amount a day is important? Some days I'll have all 15 and others hardly any.

I used to not eat them at all but it eventually back fired and I would binge. Got in a bad cycle of not having them, causing a binge, then me trying to cut them out again cuz felt guilty in binge, leading to another binge:-(
I now use them however I choose some days I have 5 and am fine with that, another I need the little treats and will have the full 15. I take each day as it comes and am much happier and finding it much easier to stick to plan, also my weight losses haven't slowed since eating more syns so why not

New here, hope it's ok to crash this post. I pretty much use 15 a day. I have just entered my 2nd week. My first weigh in yesterday and I lost 8lb

Back