How many syns to have?

AnnaMrie

Hi,

Been speaking to a friend who's done SW and told me that at the start I should try and eat all 15 syns I'm allowed- so there is room to decrease this if I ever plateau, is this right?

Everyone seems to have different ideas on this but personally I'm the same as your friend, I try to eat all 15 so that I don't feel deprived of anything and am less likely to binge. If I plateau I will reduce it to 10, if that doesn't work I'll take it down to 5 but never below 5.

But it's entirely upto yourself, only you can decide how many syns to have in a day. All I will say is that SW recommend at least 5 in a day - so don't restrict yourself to anything under this. A balanced diet should always include a few treats, everything in moderation is the key!

I shouldn't say this probably but I tend to have on average 130 over the week instead of 105 - this has always given me my best losses and I don't have that much to lose so it really proves that everyone is different. I would recommend having all 15 though so you have syns to bargain with when your losses slow down x

Eat as many as you need, whether that is 7 one day or 15 the next. There's no point in forcing yourself to eat them and there should be no reason why you would need to cut back on syns later in your weight loss journey. Just enjoy them :)

As I got near to target my c suggested cutting down to 5 syns a day and it did help. I only ever went to max of 10 a day, but sometimes I would start the week after W I with 70 and count down. :)

i stick to around 10 per day

Back