How many syns when under 10 stone?

Croc

Hi everyone,

As some of you may know, I have been struggling to lose anything for a few months now. My C recently suggested that I should drop down to 10 syns a day, as 5-10 is the recommended amount for people under 10 stone- even though I am still hovering at arond 10st 10lb to 10st 11lb, so technically I shouldn't need to do that yet!
:confused:

I had a bit of a mardy to be honest after being told this and I told the C that I'm not sure I'd be able to do this long term as my 15 syns a day are what keeps me going and make this plan do-able! :cry:

Has anyone else been told this or tried this if they are under or near 10 stone?

xx

Croc said:
Hi everyone,

As some of you may know, I have been struggling to lose anything for a few months now. My C recently suggested that I should drop down to 10 syns a day, as 5-10 is the recommended amount for people under 10 stone- even though I am still hovering at arond 10st 10lb to 10st 11lb, so technically I shouldn't need to do that yet!
:confused:

I had a bit of a mardy to be honest after being told this and I told the C that I'm not sure I'd be able to do this long term as my 15 syns a day are what keeps me going and make this plan do-able! :cry:

Has anyone else been told this or tried this if they are under or near 10 stone?

xx

You've lost me a bit to be honest, you say you're struggling lately to loose weight and when your consultant advises you to cut down on your syns you have a mardy about it! :confused:

I'm under ten stone and my consultant hasn't mentioned this to me and I use 15 syns a day. If I say I'm struggling, my consultant advises to write everything down and up the amount of superfree foods I eat.Hope this helpsClare

clowe1 said:
I'm under ten stone and my consultant hasn't mentioned this to me and I use 15 syns a day. If I say I'm struggling, my consultant advises to write everything down and up the amount of superfree foods I eat.Hope this helpsClare

Upping the superfree foods is always a good place to start and if that isn't working cutting down on syns would be the next thing to do! :)

Hi im under 10 stone and have not heard this before, i have been loosing and still having my 15 syns a day :)

You've lost me a bit to be honest, you say you're struggling lately to loose weight and when your consultant advises you to cut down on your syns you have a mardy about it! :confused:

Hi vanilla_cupcake,

I know what you're saying, I just meant it more in the way that it has never been mentioned before that I would EVER have to drop down that low in syns. I started SW 17 months ago, and liked everything I was told about the plan, including the amount of syns you could have etc. and was told I would always be able to have a max of 15 syns and still lose, so I feel a little 'cheated' that's all. I just feel like SW have the moved the goalpost a bit! I'm still 'following' the plan correctly by having 15 syns per day, so it should still work shouldn't it? :confused:

I could drop the syns occasionally if that's what it took to get moving again, but I'd struggle beyond that and start to feel deprived :(

If that's what I have to do to lose again then so be it, but looking at the other replies that have already come in from my post, I don't think I should have to do this really.

I have always loved SW and don't want to have to try another 'diet plan', I really want this to continue working for me.

xx

Croc said:
Hi vanilla_cupcake,

I know what you're saying, I just meant it more in the way that it has never been mentioned before that I would EVER have to drop down that low in syns. I started SW 17 months ago, and liked everything I was told about the plan, including the amount of syns you could have etc. and was told I would always be able to have a max of 15 syns and still lose, so I feel a little 'cheated' that's all. I just feel like SW have the moved the goalpost a bit! I'm still 'following' the plan correctly by having 15 syns per day, so it should still work shouldn't it? :confused:

I could drop the syns occasionally if that's what it took to get moving again, but I'd struggle beyond that and start to feel deprived :(

If that's what I have to do to lose again then so be it, but looking at the other replies that have already come in from my post, I don't think I should have to do this really.

I have always loved SW and don't want to have to try another 'diet plan', I really want this to continue working for me.

xx

Have you tried upping your superfree?

Croc said:
Yes I have, to the point where I would say it was at least half of my overall daily food intake. It's a bit baffling isn't it (unless it's just the issue with too many syns)? Hmmmmmm...

:( x

It's sounding like that! :sigh: cut down to 12 syns and see how you go with that! Are you doing EE?

It's sounding like that! :sigh: cut down to 12 syns and see how you go with that! Are you doing EE?

I think that would be a good idea actually, it's not too drastic that way!

I did just EE for the first 15 months or so, but have recently started doing Red days too on the advice of my C to see if this helped, but it's not really made any difference to weight loss to be honest, although I do really enjoy Red days I must admit! He he :)

xx

Croc said:
I think that would be a good idea actually, it's not too drastic that way!

I did just EE for the first 15 months or so, but have recently started doing Red days too on the advice of my C to see if this helped, but it's not really made any difference to weight loss to be honest, although I do really enjoy Red days I must admit! He he :)

xx

I was going to suggest trying Red, what about Green have you tried that or would you miss meat too much? Have you done a food diary in the diary section for people to have a look at and see maybe if you could make some changes?

I was going to suggest trying Red, what about Green have you tried that or would you miss meat too much? Have you done a food diary in the diary section for people to have a look at and see maybe if you could make some changes?

I think I'd find green too hard- I love meat!! I'm going to get a decent weeks diary put together and submit it on the Diary section to let everyone have a look and make suggestions.

Thanks for all your help and suggestions :)

x

Croc said:
I think I'd find green too hard- I love meat!! I'm going to get a decent weeks diary put together and submit it on the Diary section to let everyone have a look and make suggestions.

Thanks for all your help and suggestions :)

x

Also do you have the same HE's every day? If so try and swap them about and give your body a shock to help kick start it :)

Also do you have the same HE's every day? If so try and swap them about and give your body a shock to help kick start it :)

I always use my HEXA on skimmed milk as I love drinking tea throughout the day. Occasionally my HEXB changes, but I have to admit, I'm in the habit of having 2 x slices of wholemeal bread from either a Warburtons 400g loaf or WW wholemeal.

I sound really boring don't I?! :sigh:

x

Croc said:
I always use my HEXA on skimmed milk as I love drinking tea throughout the day. Occasionally my HEXB changes, but I have to admit, I'm in the habit of having 2 x slices of wholemeal bread from either a Warburtons 400g loaf or WW wholemeal.

I sound really boring don't I?! :sigh:

x

My A is always milk and my B's are usually bread and a Kellogg's Fibre Plus bar, are you having 2 HE's of A & B?

Just a thought but have you reached your natural target weight? Are you at a healthy BMI? Your body may have stabilized for a reason.

Sorry, am accessing this on my mobile and it doesnt show user weights and info.

Just a thought but have you reached your natural target weight? Are you at a healthy BMI? Your body may have stabilized for a reason.

Sorry, am accessing this on my mobile and it doesnt show user weights and info.

My BMI is over 27 still and I have been much lighter than this in the past. I hope my body doesn't want to stay at this weight! :eek:

xx

My consultant mentioned this at group last week. Someone said "I think I have to many syns" and our C said "you don't need to cut your syns down until you're 10st or under". Sorry I can't offer any advice other than what has been said but wanted you to know I had heard it to :)

Hi vanilla_cupcake,

xx

If you don't want to do it, then don't. You said in your original post that your consultant suggested it - but you are not obliged to follow her suggestion.

Back