How many syns when under 10 stone?

Have you tried success express - this is a plan that was given in a leaflet with the SW pack some time ago. Basically instead of having a third of your plate 1/3 superfree you have 2/3. If you do a search that was a really clear explanation of it by MrsWilsonCroft (sorry if I have the name wrong) she said that it really helped her and you still have two A and two B HEs - the other part of it that I remember that if you are having syns, you count the highest value.

xx

Have you tried success express - this is a plan that was given in a leaflet with the SW pack some time ago. Basically instead of having a third of your plate 1/3 superfree you have 2/3. If you do a search that was a really clear explanation of it by MrsWilsonCroft (sorry if I have the name wrong) she said that it really helped her and you still have two A and two B HEs - the other part of it that I remember that if you are having syns, you count the highest value.

xx

here is the link to the thread http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/200528-success-express.html

To be honest cutting back to 12 syns or even to the 10 your consultant has suggested will have no impact. 12 syns a day saves you just 60 calories a day or 420 calories a week. 10 syns a day saves you 100 calories a day or 700 calories a week. Nowhere near the 3500 you need for a one pound loss. You shouldn't ever have to cut back on syns. If you are struggling look to your superfree, and then your free food portion sizes. And make sure you are getting loads of variety in everything :)

PatchworkPuss said:
To be honest cutting back to 12 syns or even to the 10 your consultant has suggested will have no impact. 12 syns a day saves you just 60 calories a day or 420 calories a week. 10 syns a day saves you 100 calories a day or 700 calories a week. Nowhere near the 3500 you need for a one pound loss. You shouldn't ever have to cut back on syns. If you are struggling look to your superfree, and then your free food portion sizes. And make sure you are getting loads of variety in everything :)

I think you have a valid point here PatchworkPuss.

Also, I've only been regularly exercising for the last month, whereas initially, I did nothing at all but still managed to lose 2 stone. Surely, 3-4 hrs of exercise every week or reducing weekly syns by 35 should be roughly the same 'benefit' if you know what I mean?!

xx

Ah, that could be the answer. When i really upped my exercise my weight didnt budge for about 5 wks. Very annoying but it did move eventually. Stick with what you are doing and it should move x

SWLizzy said:

xx

I haven't tried this, no.

If I'm really honest, this would be a last resort for me. Again, it makes SW a less appealing form of weight loss if I have to eat 2/3 super free. This takes so much I love about SW away, so I can't see the point as I know I couldn't stick to it.

I think plenty of people get to target without having to cut back on syns or do success express, and I can't see why I should be different, so I'm going to hang in there, carry on exercising and see what happens.

Thank you for your reply and suggestion, but I just don't think I could hack success express!!

:)

xx

clowe1 said:
I'm under ten stone and my consultant hasn't mentioned this to me and I use 15 syns a day. If I say I'm struggling, my consultant advises to write everything down and up the amount of superfree foods I eat.Hope this helpsClare

Hi Clare,

That does help, thanks for your reply! :)

x

Hi

My c has recently been talking about portion sizes. Are you still eating the same amount as when you started? If you have already lost quite a bit it could be that you don't need as much food to fuel your body because there is less weight being carried. Try to make sure you are not eating for the sake of eating but are eating because you are hungry.

Sue

Suesp8o said:
Hi

My c has recently been talking about portion sizes. Are you still eating the same amount as when you started? If you have already lost quite a bit it could be that you don't need as much food to fuel your body because there is less weight being carried. Try to make sure you are not eating for the sake of eating but are eating because you are hungry.

Sue

Hi Sue,

I'd like to think I'm eating the right portion sizes, and I do eat lots of fruit throughout the day either before / after meals or as snacks to keep me going. I guess portion sizes are difficult to get really 'right' as there's so much food on SW that you don't weigh / measure.

I do get hungry quite a lot so I'm fairly sure I'm
not over-eating as such.

x

I was going to mention the water as well. When you exercise (whether weight training or cardio), your muscles retain water in order to help repair themselves. If you don't drink enough water then the muscles hold on to it, and you retain the weight.

Coming in a bit late I know - I was recomended to drop my syns down to 10 when I had a few weeks of STS. I did and it seemed to kick start my losses again. I now have syns every day but as low as 5 some days and more others - evens out by the end of the week.

The logic & chemistry behind the whole thing is that you've got to use up more than you put in (no sh*t sherlock!) so if you really don't want to reduce what you put in, it looks like you need to increase what you use up!

Until I saw PatchworkPuss mention the 'P' word, it was what I was going to suggest. Portion (oh, I hate that word) sizes are all so subjective so it's only you that can say when you've had ample sufficiency at each sitting, but that could be another way of cutting down what 'goes in'.

Plenty of liquid and superfree (superspeed when poss) snacks are other good pointers.

I generally do EE but on days when I've really got the sweet munchies, I opt for a green day so I can have an additional Heb (cereal bar) - therefore allowing me what could be another 6 syns.

Thanks so much to everyone for your replies- you've provided lots of valuable ideas and advice. Really interesting to hear from you all.

Taking everything into consideration, here's my plan of action:

I'm going to keep up my daily exercise (KW and Zumba on alternate days), have fewer syns for a while, more super free, smaller portions and drink more water. If that doesn't work there's definitely something wrong!!! :)

xx

Back