How much could I lose in 3 weeks?

Just decided to do SW from home and was wondering how much do you think I could lose in 3 weeks? I'm 43 5ft 4 and planning to do a Jillian Michaels DVD every day. Oh I've got 6 stones to lose! thanks in advance!

It's really difficult to say. Some people have a really big loss in their first week, like 5-6lbs or even more. Some will lose 1-2lbs. It totally depends on the individual. The average would be 1-2lbs a week, so if I had to guess I would say if you stick to the plan 100% you could lose 6lbs or even more. But definitely hard to say.

Doing exercise like 30day shred is great for fitness and shaping the body, but to lose weight it's predominantly your diet that has the biggest effect. To lose 1lb through exercise alone you would need to burn around 3500 calories. When I did the 30 day shred DVD my heart monitor said I burnt around 220 calories each time I did it. So even doing it 7 days a week I wouldn't have lost a pound if I wasn't eating well.

Don't be disheartened though, if you lose 6 or more lbs through diet and exercise it will probably look like a LOT more than 6lbs loss (and you could lose more, but it's not an exact science)

Good luck!

Thanks for the quick reply. Ideally I would lose the 6st by morning! hahahaha. Seriously I've got to be more patient with my weightloss otherwise I get fed up. I'm going to stick to ee 100% exercise and at least what I lose I know I'm doing it the right way. xx

Hahaha, 6 stone by morning would just about do me too! :)

Like you say, as long as you stick to it you know it will come off. I don’t really have any events planned until October so I’m quite happy to plod along losing a lb a week and before you know it, it really adds up. When I have something like a holiday planned, I try and lose weight as quick as possible for it and I end up fed up and falling off the wagon and only losing a few pounds anyway. Might as well go with a sustainable and sensible weight loss in the first place.

I'm the same! Go crazy to lose it for an event and then get disheartened and put it all and more back on! My problem is I'm embarrassed when seeing family and they're not very supportive more like gloating "look at her putting that weight on" kind of stuff. Anyway I will do this and I'll do it the correct way, sod everyone else. Xx

I think i lost about 12lbs in the first 3 weeks, but everyone is different, it all depends on the time of the month (star week) and your body type etc.

I had 6 st to lose and i wanted to do it in a year, but as time has gone and i am nearer target i am getting a bit lazy! I am happy as i am but will be happier with another stone and half off (i have 1st 5lbs to go til i reach original target) so i have lost 4st 9lbs in just under 18 months, i then set my target date to 7th August (my birthday) but i don't think i will reach that target as its only about 9 weeks i think...lol but once you get a bulk of the weight off it doesn't matter quite as much in my opinion, as you feel much better than you did at the start, and i'm just happy i'm not putting it all back on!
I was a size 22, just verging on a 24 when i started, now i'm a 12-14, so i am pretty happy!

Just remember it isn't a race, don't put too much pressure on yourself, just try and go in the right direction! Slimming world isn't a quick fix, its a life change!

Good luck xx

That's so true! I lost 31/2 stone about 10 years ago and I was 1 stone 6 away from my target. I felt absolutely fantastic but packed in and put it all on plus more! I really want to get back to that feeling and know I can do it with SW. xx

I'm the same! Go crazy to lose it for an event and then get disheartened and put it all and more back on! My problem is I'm embarrassed when seeing family and they're not very supportive more like gloating "look at her putting that weight on" kind of stuff. Anyway I will do this and I'll do it the correct way, sod everyone else. Xx

That's the spirit, bugger what everyone else thinks! It's what you think that's important and what will get you through this. Please don't put pressure on yourself, just tell yourself you're not going to give in and you're going to give your family a shock they won't forget when they see how well you are doing.
It's difficult to say what you will lose, so just go with the flow. (Or as I say, que sera, sera). :D

Trust in this plan, it really does work. Plan, shop, read your books and write everything (and I mean everything) down and you won't go wrong.

Good luck on your SW journey. I look forward to reading how you're getting on x

I'm the exact same, I just want to get it all off as fast as I can! Some people have great first weeks, I lost 1 1/2 stone in 3 weeks, 16lbs coming off on my first week then the second week is usually the worst, even if you are eating right loads of people don't tend to lose a lot in their 2nd week. But if you have any Slimming World groups near you I would highly recommend joining one if you want to lose it fast, the talks give you so much motivation and it makes you feel so good about yourself along with getting some great tips and recipes along the way ! :)

That's the spirit, bugger what everyone else thinks! It's what you think that's important and what will get you through this. Please don't put pressure on yourself, just tell yourself you're not going to give in and you're going to give your family a shock they won't forget when they see how well you are doing.
It's difficult to say what you will lose, so just go with the flow. (Or as I say, que sera, sera). :D

Trust in this plan, it really does work. Plan, shop, read your books and write everything (and I mean everything) down and you won't go wrong.

Good luck on your SW journey. I look forward to reading how you're getting on x

Thank you! That would be great to see their faces! They would absolutely hate how well I'd be doing! Haha
xx

It makes me sad that family can be so horrible, screw them hun, you can do it and then you can laugh in their faces! xxx

I only lost 2lb in my first week, but then lost 5lb in my 2nd and another 2lb in my third week, which wasn't too bad! As others have said, just stick to plan and you will lose weight!

I lost 6 stone in 6 months on sw and the time zooms by! Good luck x

6 stone in 6 months!!!!!!! That's fantastic! Which plan did you follow and did you do loads of exercise? That's how much I want to lose. Gosh I would love to lose it in 6 months. Well done you!

6 stone in 6 months!!!!!!! That's fantastic! Which plan did you follow and did you do loads of exercise? That's how much I want to lose. Gosh I would love to lose it in 6 months. Well done you!

Hey Hun! I follow extra easy and I swam 30 lengths 3 times a week then I changed to the gym 3 times a week after the 6 months! Stay focused u can do it x

Back