How much did YOU gain this chrimbo?

Thanks Texty I appreciate it, I didn't even intend to go mad like that! Been back on plan since Tuesday so looking forward to a weight loss of anything next week. just wish it was THAT easy to take off!!

Thank you Frana, I have my old books here, do you think it would be worth while to join again to get the new books? Is it worth it for them? Thank you

Yeh it is hard but were all here for the same reason and on the same journey. Im sure you will have a good week and see the numbers go down at the scales. Good Luck

Emz, it will come off again. My C always reminds us it takes two weeks for that gain to turn to fat, right now it is fluid in your system. So stick to plan, drink lots (of free fluids :p) and it WILL come off quickly enough.

Apryl - I find group invaluable. I would never have gotten this far without it. Not just the books and knowing that I'm getting weighed each week, but the tips, and the laughs and the genuine caring I get and give my group. I always thought it'd be like that sketch in little Britain, but it is such a fun and lively group, and after initially finding it overwhelming I now love it and it seems to have had a drip approach to my attitude, not just about food, but about everything. Now, I am much more positive, I am starting to see myself as normal fat and less of a circus freak, I see I have something of worth to give to other people, the weekly compliments are fab, especially if we have a target member that comes once a month and they feel the need to come up to you before the meeting starts to comment on the change! I feel I have a group of mental elderly friends! (a lot of my group are OAPs and we are all mental!) I've have never said "I ate a whole tub of pringles to myself on my birthday" before (they were AWESOME!) but when someone else admits their husband has hidden the chocolate from her and she spent the whole night searching for it, and someone else poured their frylight because the nozzle stopped working, and another person took butter out of the freezer and started eating it like a lolly, then another confesses after a year she still uses condensed milk in her tea and coffee you realise you're not on your own. We're all a bit nutty and we can all still lose weight :) Admittedly the frylight, butter and condensed milk nearly gave our C a nervous breakdown. haha. So yes, I'll always back going to group. there are some free membership offers in the daily mail starting tomorrow if that helps at all.

I gained 6lbs over the christmas and new year, i am ok with this though as last year i managed to gain 10lbs so i figure that i am making better choices. Also it is my birthday between christmas and new year so it is solid partying. No excuses for the rest of the year though.

I somehow managed to stay the same after ebing off plan for pretty much all of December, no idea how the heck i did that, but i should be totally psyched and raring to go...
You will all get it off super quick, don't be down on yourselves :) You can do ANYTHING that you put your mind to, if you just try and believe that you can x

Emz, it will come off again. My C always reminds us it takes two weeks for that gain to turn to fat, right now it is fluid in your system. So stick to plan, drink lots (of free fluids :p) and it WILL come off quickly enough.

I didn't realise that! Now it makes sense how people can gain 8lb over xmas then lose it all again, and some more, the next week!

I didn't realise that! Now it makes sense how people can gain 8lb over xmas then lose it all again, and some more, the next week!

This is how I gained 3lb one week and then lost 7lbs the week after! You can't possibly lose 7lbs of fat in one week so it has to be mostly water. My gains are pretty much always water retention for one reason or another ;)

Apryl - I find group invaluable. I would never have gotten this far without it. Not just the books and knowing that I'm getting weighed each week, but the tips, and the laughs and the genuine caring I get and give my group. I always thought it'd be like that sketch in little Britain, but it is such a fun and lively group, and after initially finding it overwhelming I now love it and it seems to have had a drip approach to my attitude, not just about food, but about everything. Now, I am much more positive, I am starting to see myself as normal fat and less of a circus freak, I see I have something of worth to give to other people, the weekly compliments are fab, especially if we have a target member that comes once a month and they feel the need to come up to you before the meeting starts to comment on the change! I feel I have a group of mental elderly friends! (a lot of my group are OAPs and we are all mental!) I've have never said "I ate a whole tub of pringles to myself on my birthday" before (they were AWESOME!) but when someone else admits their husband has hidden the chocolate from her and she spent the whole night searching for it, and someone else poured their frylight because the nozzle stopped working, and another person took butter out of the freezer and started eating it like a lolly, then another confesses after a year she still uses condensed milk in her tea and coffee you realise you're not on your own. We're all a bit nutty and we can all still lose weight :) Admittedly the frylight, butter and condensed milk nearly gave our C a nervous breakdown. haha. So yes, I'll always back going to group. there are some free membership offers in the daily mail starting tomorrow if that helps at all.
have to agree. I love going to group! Got 2 papers today, one for my aunty ad one for my mam. Hopefully they will join on Wednesday and start loving healthy food and going to group like me lol x

have to agree. I love going to group! Got 2 papers today, one for my aunty ad one for my mam. Hopefully they will join on Wednesday and start loving healthy food and going to group like me lol x

I couldn't do it without going to group. I love my group and I've made some great friends there too x

I think I need to look into what water retention is, and how it works, as I don't really understand it.

I couldn't imagine not going to group now - it was really daunting at first, and I felt that because I was vegan people would either not understand and be ignorant about it, or wonder why I'm fat if all I eat is veg...but I have encountered neither...just pure curiosity, and now when there are tasters they all rush over and tell me the exact brands and ingredients to see if I can eat it <3 I couldn't go during xmas week due to work and travel commitments, and I was absolutley gutted. I haven't been to my usual group for 3 weeks now and I can't wait to get back there next week :)

I couldn't do it without going to group. I love my group and I've made some great friends there too x
Same! We havea couple of crazy older ladies that Fran talks about, and group wouldn't be the same without em lol. Also got the people that have been coming for a year and lost about 3lb, again, wouldn't be the same without them! I look forward to going and having my losses read out and my consultant always uses me and my cousin as a bit of an example cos we've lost like 7 1/2 stone between us since we joined last year and it just gives me a buzz! After I walk out I feel like 'right, fresh week' and I don't think I'd feel like that if I weighed myself at home. Everyone is different but this is my own personal experience xx

First weigh in tomorrow after Xmas I've tried to be on plan this week but I slipped up with a frijj milkshake last night eeek!

Liz x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

First weigh in tomorrow after Xmas I've tried to be on plan this week but I slipped up with a frijj milkshake last night eeek!

Liz x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Frijj milkshake! omg i love that, used to have a bottle once a week haha..not had it once since SW. Good luck! x

Back