How much do the plans cost??

isa24

Hi i think i want to start the cambridge diet ss+ but i would like a rough guide of how much it costs please, i have tried every diet going and i have got to the point now where if i dont do something this year i fear i may never do it!!!!! :sigh:
Thanks for your help bye (for now!!!:))x

Hi Isa, depending on whether you need 3 or 4 packs per day and how much your counsellor charges, Sole Source is somewhere around £35-£40 per week. Don't forget that this is for your entire food for the week so you shouldn't need to spend any more on yourself than this which probably works out cheaper than 'normal' shopping.
Working up the plans you cut out packs but substitute with small meals so the price depends on your own shopping more

SS+ has two options, 3 packs a day and a small 200cal meal, or 4 packs and a certain amount of milk.

Shakes, soups and porridges are £1.75, tetras £1.85 and bars £1.95, with my CDC anyway. It does vary though. So here I'm going on if you just had shakes soups and porridges.

If you did 3 with the 200kcal meal you're looking at roughly £37 a week, plus the food for the meal. Which works out as roughly a tin of tuna, or a piece of chicken, 200g of quorn and 2 tablespoons of green veg.

The 4 a day would be roughly £49 a week, plus milk, which wouldn't be a great deal.

So it's slightly cheaper to do just normal Sole Source, but only if you're under 5ft 8 as you have 3 packs then, and it's 4 if you're over 5ft 8.

Hope that helps!

Oops, as beaten to the post, seems I took too long to type!

Thank you Caroline and Boredwitless for your replys, i really want to do this but i am worried i will buy all the stuff and then give up as i have done before.

What did you do ss or ss+ how did you find it have you any tips for staying on track and motivated??

Thanks again x x

I say go for it isa, once your in Ketosis there will be no need to stop or even feel like stopping :)

Its great

Good Luck

!!
x

I'm on SS. To be honest, the losses doing the Cambridge Weight Plan are really good, a lot better than other diets, so they really keep you motivated. My top tips would be:

1) Find a good Consultant - I think they're crucial, find one that you seem to get on well with and feel comfortable with
2) Think about the time of day you find most difficult, and ways to get around that, what can you do to distract yourself
3) Start cutting out all drinks other than water and plain tea and coffee (no milk or sugar!)
4) Start cutting down the carbs you eat, so rice, pasta, potatoes etc.
5) Set yourself some goals, big and small, use them to motivate yourself
6) Write a list of all the reasons that you want to lose weight, and keep reminding yourself of those
7) If you can, find a 'buddy', someone you feel that you can relate to, maybe they've got a similar amount to lose
8) Be completely, totally and utterly honest, with your Consultant and with yourself, in how you're feeling, your struggles and if you cheat
9) Remove as much temptation as possible!
10) Finally, just keep at it, remembering it gets easier and it's worth it! Stop thinking that you can't do it and you might give up, and start believing that not only can you do it, but you will.

They would be my top 10 tips!

my cdc charged me £35.70 for 3 shakes/soups a day

Just thought I 'd mention my CDC charged me a £5 delivery charge- I didn't have the option to go to her like I used to with my old CDC so a difference of £9 a week! (was £39 to £47) and every penny counts! she didn't tell me there was a charge till I was about to pay for it - but I imagine that is the case for all of them , so find someone as close as poss so you can go to them (as long as you like them).

Not everyone charges no. I contacted a few CDCs trying to find a new one. One would visit me for a £2 fee. Three would visit me at no cost. Though the one I've gone for I will go to see her.

trust me to find the one that charges top whack!!! :p

Just thought I 'd mention my CDC charged me a £5 delivery charge- I didn't have the option to go to her like I used to with my old CDC so a difference of £9 a week! (was £39 to £47) and every penny counts! she didn't tell me there was a charge till I was about to pay for it - but I imagine that is the case for all of them , so find someone as close as poss so you can go to them (as long as you like them).

Is that for 21 or 28 packs Angie?

Mobile consultants will probably need to put a smidge more on to cover the cost of petrol. This maybe in the form of a delivery charge, or it may be that their products are just a few pence more each, then they can say it is free delivery.

What did you do ss or ss+ how did you find it have you any tips for staying on track and motivated??
Caroline has given some really good advice, also to be honest, isa, along with seeing the fast losses, the money aspect was a motivating factor for me. It was pointed out in a post on here a while back that if anyone doing SS 'cheats' by treating themselves to something like a bag of chips or pizza, they will probably have knocked themselves out of ketosis and therefore will
a) feel hungry for a while until they get back in
b) have definitely slowed losses for that week
c) possibly have stayed the same or gained therefore putting back reaching their target by a week, requiring them to spend a further week on SS.
I know it's not a race but potentially, that pizza or other cheat could have cost the equivalent of an extra week's packs (£40ish). For me, that wasn't worth it as I wanted to get the maximum value out of the money I was spending.

A long time ago I wrote a post saying pretty much just that, I should see if I can find it, totally agree with you!

I realised a new way to think of things talking to my sister earlier. So, here it goes!

So, you've got those cravings right? And you're really tempted to give in and order that kebab, curry, chinese or whatever. So you give in. You know it'll probably kick you out of ketosis. You know that you'll have probably an extra 2 weeks of doing the diet but you're prepared to do it. So you order a curry and rice, total of £8.

The guy arrives half an hour later and suddenly the bill is £88... would you pay it? Probably not hey, no curry is worth £88 but that's exactly what you're doing! But CD costs about £40 a week, £50 for us tall'ens, so that one meal might make you put on 8, 9 or 10lbs so that's possibly 2 extra weeks and will cost you another £80-100!! When you think of it like that, it's just not worth it is it!

So next time you're thinking about eating something outside of what you're meant to, try thinking of it like that. I know it helps me!

Here's what I posted before :) Totally agreeing with BW!

Love it - THAT was one of the motivating factors for me - I could have done exactly that on SW in the past - eaten the curry and then thought "I'll cut down for a day or two afterwards", and I might have done, or I might have got away with it. For me, calorie based diets were no good as I always thought I knew best and could cut corners. CD has been ideal as the only person I was cheating if I did that was myself (so I didn't do it :innocent0002:)

Yup, exactly. Also it's too expensive to allow yourself to mess up!

Back