How much do They charge

MsJMC

Strong women stay slim
With the check up at the doctors last yeat my Gp said to me it would cost me 95 pounds , but does anyone know away round this charge or how much do ligherlife charge for this check up ?

i went to lloyds pharmacy and they did it for free!
£95!!! because your loosing weight! thats bloody scandelous!
xxxx

My Dr did it for free. She said if I lost weight I would be more healthy so why would they charge me. I think that is totally shocking £95 to take your blood pressure and heartbeat!!! :mad:

With the check up at the doctors last yeat my Gp said to me it would cost me 95 pounds , but does anyone know away round this charge or how much do ligherlife charge for this check up ?
Are you talking about the starting form fill check up or just the BP check?

My Doctor last year in April said its out of his hands ... and its after hours and would cost 95 pounds i guess it would be more now . So if i went into a Lloyds chemist they would do it free ?

Well i went to the meeting last year for LL and he gave me a form to be signed by my doctor for medical which everyone gets before they start... but my GP wanted to charge me 95 pounds . I think its just a standard form that LL do

Yep, the GP sign off is a must, my GP wouldn't do it, so I went to a different NHS surgery up the road who have an LL clinic twice a week and it cost me £40 (go figure!). The monthly BP check can be done at Lloyds or co-op pharmacies, and some others too and is free.

OK Thanks for all your help Girls , first i'll start at the chemist and see what they say before i find another LL group as i know the last group is not there as he wrote to me , ken , saying hes doing something else . Yes they make you laugh with charging ... they say about people who are over weight but do little to help . Think my loacl chemist might have more info than my doctors .

I got all the forms signed for free by my GP who was incredibly supportive. I think £95 isa a real liberty!

Ask your LLC to put you in touch with a private LL doctor! The one for birmingham only charges £20. i didn't have any problem with mine, but i didn't say what the appointment was for i just turned up and ordered some more pils and threw in "by the way can you sign off my form to give me the ok for a weight loss programe?"

My GP at the time did charge me £97 to sign the form. I was desperate at the time so I paid it...then found out the doctors where I work would have done it for nothing for me!!! bugger!

Speak to the vast majority of pharmacists and they'll do it for you if you ask nicely, and are prepared to wait a bit if they are busy ;)

Not sure if chemists can do the initial form can they?? I thought it had to be a doctor --- though I know that chemists can do the monthly checks.

I'm lucky in that my doctor even though she didn't really fully recommend it would sign mine for free and has been nothing but encouraging as has the practice Sister who does my monthly checks..... I really just wish that everyone was as lucky and had this kind of support.

Thanks everyone for all the useful info , first i thought i'd call my Gp and see if they are still charging , if so then try to get another Gp , and last i'll go to a LL and get them todo the form . Now i'll go find out if there is a group in my hometown .

Well .... My phone call has just Answered my Q .... I just Phoned LL theres none in my hometown anymore ... ho and as i don't drive its a no no . Thinking of the next step lol

The nurse at the surgery did mine - Although she was meant to go through my history and answer the questions she just asked me and put down whatever answer I gave! She checked my pulse and BP (but I had to have that done anyway) and charged me £15 for what was 3 minutes 'work' tops!

It does seem odd that some surgeries charge a lot, some charge a little, but most do not seem to charge. I think this really should be covered by the NHS, particularly as we are doing it to safeguard our health which will no doubt save a lot of money.

Still this is what you get when you add all the targets and bureaucracy to what the doctors have to do.

Well .... My phone call has just Answered my Q .... I just Phoned LL theres none in my hometown anymore ... ho and as i don't drive its a no no . Thinking of the next step lol

That is a real shame - I hope you can find some way to do it. It really works so very well. How far is the closest one?

i think its 12 miles , but my OH can take me but it means him waiting about in his car while i'm there ... which really is not good . Thanks for replying !

Back