How much do you spend a week on food?

Depends for me and OH, I would say we spend about £50 a week for the two of us,

He likes mostly Red days, I'll eat anything though.

I do shop around though, and get Milk from Farmfoods for 4L for £1.50, two loaves for £1.50 etc

I reckon I spend about £35 a week just for me. Am doing extra easy, I started on 5/7/10 so have been buying new stuff...fry light,low fat spread etc etc. My mum has done well as she's had everything that was in the cupboards/fridge/freezer that I wasnt going to have any more of. Also I have been eating about 8 or 9 punnets of strawberries and rasberries a week which is £8-9 of the shop but then I dont really like other fruit so not sure what I'm going to do when they are no longer £1 a punnet!!

I spend about £80-£100 a week for me and OH, eek thats a bit much looking at this... but I just need my cupboards full of free fruit and veg and Alpen Lights or I will end up cheating lol!! Oh well!!

Probably about £80 a week for four of us, includes 4 and 8 year old :eek:

Too much IMO, always trying to get it down!

Mine varies, when I first started doing SW then it was around £30 a week but now I'm incorporating it into our monthly shop which is around £120 + the odd tenner here and there on a top up shop. That's for my hubby and I during the week and my stepkids on weekends.

I was buying low fat items for me and full fat items for the hubby, but slowly and surely I'm 'forgetting' his full fat stuff so he has to eat mine (which won't do him any harm)! All the meat we now buy is lean or extra lean and I think that doing it this way is helping us save on the shopping bills. Also, if I see any offers for yoghurt's/pasta/fruit and veg then I'll buy it. I hardly ever pay full price for fruit.

Good tip is to to go the coop on a sunday around 5pm - a lot of the fruit and veg is reduced right down at this time (or it is in our's) :)

Back