How much does it cost you?

I see my CDC fortnightly so I buy for the two week and being 5'8 have to have four shakes a day or replace one with bar, but she is always on the phone or texting me and emailing, I find her a great help, it cost me around £90 for two weeks worth of stuff.

What I used to pay in take aways and treats is far more so I think its worth it.

I tried LL first was gutted when my doctor couldnt take my BP cos of sodding big arms so I couldnt join, would have liked the group thing, was so relieved when I found CD a day later searching the net for something similar.

Definitely whatever you're paying for CD, it is much cheaper than shopping and what I spend going out for meals all the time.

Definitely whatever you're paying for CD, it is much cheaper than shopping and what I spend going out for meals all the time.

Our shopping bill is great now I am not on it:eek:

I don't see hypnosis as a way of helping someone to lose weight per se....
I see it as helping someone to come to terms with who they are, why they act in a certain way and in helping them to reprogramme their thought patterns to stop the negativity which leads to over eating, binge eating and weight gain.
I think thats why it is sucessful. paul Mckenna is good, and as you see he too does a lot of work on confidence and self esteem rather than just programming little thoughts into your head which make certain foods seem horrid...
I would say if you are going to do hypnotherapy, get someone by recommendation and not through the yellow pages. With weightloss, I would also choose someone who has had a weight problem and whilst everyone might not agree, I honestly believe that naturally slim people just don't understand the thought process of someone who is overweight. We can all read books, but true understanding can only ever come with having been there!

As for a GP not having a large size BP cuff that is appalling.... a surgery must have a range of sizes because to take a blood pressure accurately a correctly fitting cuff has to be used!!
It is shocking if they have a one size fits all and sod you if you don't fit... what happens if they have an obese eprson who is taking antihypertensives? do they just not bother checking the well being of the patient? - Madness! (They cost less than a tenner in lloyds too <large cuffs that is>)

x

It's funny how lighter life is so much more expensive. Apparently it has exactly the same nutrients. Maybe it has better or more flavours or something?
Personally, I dont like Lighter Life- my sister in law that we all loved lost 8st went from being a lovely person into a sour bitter person. She had an affair and left my brother after 25 years of what seemed to be a very happy marriage - at least she always told us that until she went on diet. She said LL taught her she was worth so much more. I'm sure that's nothing to do with diet but I'm just prejudice cos we all lost someone we loved! Anyway, when I get thin, I think it'll just make me fancy my husband more!

This made me smile :) Not what happened obviously, which is terrible, but you not liking LL. I would be the same I think!!!

Anyway, mine is around £40 and I have 21 tetras usually. Altho I've been missing choc mint, so got 4 of them this time too :):):)

rrp ... yes i was just thinking of do they get it at that but no , I understand it now they say to sell around that price so those who charge more are greedy lol

not necessarily greedy... maybe have higher living costs and overheads! ie compare london to midlands and think about rent etc...

sorry more to add...

i spend alot of time with each person (as long as they like for example) and make sure i dont book appts too close.

i charge 1.70 for packs and 1.90 for tetras and bars. so i have rounded up the 1.68 and rounded down the 1.93 cos i hate uneven numbers lol... and they do sound odd!

but, my point is coming... if a cdc rushes appts and say spends 15 mins per person she will be able to see more customers and make more money... i on the other could potentially push my prices up if i argued that i spend much more time (up to an hour for some ladies) and therefore have less time to see more customers.

we dont get paid an hourly rate so please consider this when *moaning* or *comparing* prices etc etc... really think about what you get in terms of help and time at each appt.

i know some cdc are in it for the money and just 'weigh'n'go' but others like me like to sit and talk and get to know each person and their issues.

and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let your cdc know if you are unable to make an appt... i have sooooo many people not turn up and not bother to let me know it makes me mad! it is plain rude and i NEVER did it to my cdc... sorry for rant! ggrrrr...

I am 100% happy with my CDC. She charges the same price for everything, so for 21 packs I pay £39.90. I can stay at her house for as long as I want, often we sit and chat about anything and everything. She measures me every week and helps me out. I can phone her or e-mail her whenever and I've got her mobile number too. I find CD expensive, as the same as most of us, we still have to buy food for other people in the house. But, as far as CD goes, I am happy with her and wouldn't change her to save maybe £5 a week.

would be interseting to see how much they get it for , its all hush hush .
Cambridge diet 08 may like to inlighten us .
as she think everyone on this thread is moaning chill haha

cambridge*diet*08
no one is moaning on here all it is is freedom of speech :))
I just think you have taken this to heart

hehe I'd like to know if anyone here wants to volunteer 'their' monthly salary?? I think sometimes we forget our CDC's are trying to make a living....
I don't know many places where we would get to find out the whiolesale prices of goods we buy...

;) (playing devils advocate)

xx

Agreed Tilly. I couldn't care less what it costs them. I work in a business that charges clients thousands (no, not that one ;) ) and I wouldn't be breaking down what my costs are because it's none of their business!!! :)

I think with CD you know what you are paying and as long as you are happy thats fine .

I agree totally, I think in this country we don't often complain and its sad when we hear of CDC's who give bad service, when so many like mentioned in this thread, and other CDC's here are so caring.
I don't think we should feel embarrassed for asking for value for money. But I also think that we should really praise those who treat us well and look after us, and spread the word!!

x

i guess i do take these sort of threads to heart because i know its uncalled for, i can promise you we are not here to rip you off!
put it this way i have had to cut back on alot of things since becoming a cdc... i dont think 'any' cdc could do this job for £££, it is far from a get rich quick job!!!
i put in alot of time and effort and dont get me wrong it is very rewarding (not financially might i add) but i do not (and could not) do it for the money alone.
i was a financial controller before i did this and on good money, now my partner works extra hours to keep us going. no more 2nd hols, no more shopping sprees each weekend, etc etc. you get the picture.
i do this job 'cos i like it, and not to get rich... trust me it WILL not happen. not even if i worked 24/7 7 days a week! it is not why i do this type of work.
i hope this helps you to see your cdc's in a different light.
alot of cdc work part time in addition to their normal jobs (my cdc did) so i guess this shows that it does not pay fantastically.
i have before replied to a post stating exactly what we buy them for, as i truly believe we have nothing to hide. BUT my post was removed and i was told off for it. so i am sorry but i cannot post this info!
there are alot of other jobs i could do for more money but i choose job satisfaction over monetary reward. i know my customers like me and appreciate what i do and that is enough for me. it is sad that some people do not feel the same about their cdcs. maybe have a word with them about what you feel their service is lacking. i am sure they would take any comments or criticisms on board, i know i would.
i would def recommend moving onto another cdc if you dont really like yours, it could make the difference between you getting to goal or not.

xxx

ps please dont think i am being aggressive... dunno how i am coming across! i truly am not...

You're not coming across as aggressive don't worry :)

I have just changed my CDC today actually. I think a good CDC is worth their weight.

I think a good CDC is worth their weight.

On behalf of all CDCs, thank you for the lovely endorsement. I have to say though, by that token, my worth would have been far greater BEFORE I started CD than it is now ;)

Of course I wouldn't have such a fab job now .. or been 8 stone lighter than before I began :D

Good luck with your new CDC!

Thanks Sharon!

Well I feel really guilty as I started it all! I wasn't moaning just wondering why the prices were different, but the discussion raised some very interesting points. Personally, I really like my cdc and will not change her because she is helpful.
Tillyfloss, thank you very much for the information about hypnosis. I really appreciated your honesty and your expertise. I'm definitely going to look into it more. x

Back