How much exercise are you doing?

all this exercise chewit1187 does it make a difference with the weight loss (if you weigh your self quite often):)

it really does. when exercising like that usually lose 3-4 lbs a week, but like last week, i did hardly any exercise, and didnt lose weight, just maintained. so exercise really really helps! and it helps me sleep better too. :D

i'm hoping that's the case after my class tonight. i haven't slept properly in ages and am hoping it will just knock me out!!

Haven't quite finished my first month yet, but i was a fitness freak (professional dancer) before I had my son, got really lazy whilst pregaz, ate like a pig and got a belly and piled the weight on, so I've been doing my usual 200 sit-up everyday and it definitely shows on the stomach, i do about 20mins toning (legs and arms) exercises 5 to 6 times a week, go for walks everyday with my son, and only 15mins aerobics from the Davina DVD (if i can be bothered).

I don't exercise nearly as much as i used to because I'm on SS and tend to have less energy. Its all about exercising to increase my fitness and tone up, and dieting to lose the weight. When I go on AAM I plan to increase my fitness levels, I miss going to the gym (sad I know).

i'm hoping that's the case after my class tonight. i haven't slept properly in ages and am hoping it will just knock me out!!

ive always been a bad sleeper, this is the first time ive tried to slim and actually persevered and im sleeping like a baby lol!

hi all
does running up to the loo every 30-45 mins count as excersise??!!!! last night was the first night since i started the diet last week that i haven't woken up in the night needing the loo, hopefully that means my body is getting used to the amount of water i am drinking!!

Im just half way through week one, does every one find sticking to ss as hard as me, each time i open the fridge i have to tear myself away!

i swim and walk. but not as much as i should:( i think the wii fit is going to have to be a good investment hehe too lazy to leave home!

well im just off to do another 30 mins of step and hula hoop on the wii fit!!! for those who havent got one invest they are fab!!

Is exercising in the first week on SS bad? I started SS today and I went out for a 15min brisk walk (not going too mad as I currently weigh 21st and my exercise to date is a big fat zero!) and I am intending to walk everyday for a similar amount of time. It got my heart rate up and made me sweat which shows I'm getting some kind of workout!

Should I carry on if I can manage it or am I doing more harm than good? I am drinking extra water to compensate for the exercise. I didn't choose to drink extra, I just did...BONUS :D

as long as you don't feel peculiar a 15min walk shouldn't do you too much harm hon. but take it easy and listen to your body. if you start feeling dizzy or funny then stop doing it until you are well into ketosis...

abz xx

I am walking for an hour three times a week or so. I'm going to turn that into jogging soon, with the aim being to be able to jog the full distance soon.

(I'm walking home from work when it's not raining!)

Hi All,
I have been on ss for nearly 3 weeks now and the only exercise I do is walking my son to and from school and the occasional bike ride. I am still reducing my weight and keeping to my 10,000 steps per day. Though a Wii fit does sound like fun ;)

does anybody know how much exercise should be done each day? im abit obsessive about getting enough done, but cant be bothered half the time. went for a 20 min cycle this morning and will go for a half hour walk later, then take the dog out for 10 mins tonight. is that enough each day? or should i buy a workout dvd too? any recomendations for dvds?

There is no recommended exercise for the first few stages of CD. If you are doing one of the ketosis stages (ie. SS, SS+ or 810) you should be more concerned about taking it easy and staying in ketosis.

If you do too much exercise you will drop out of ketosis the wrong way into starvation mode and your weight loss will reduce. It seems crazy but its true - I've tried it.

Do a little bit every day if you must & it makes you feel good, but certainly don't obsess. If you start to feel tired, weak or dizzy then you are probably doing too much - likewise if your weight loss starts to reduce.

There is no recommended exercise for the first few stages of CD. If you are doing one of the ketosis stages (ie. SS, SS+ or 810) you should be more concerned about taking it easy and staying in ketosis.

If you do too much exercise you will drop out of ketosis the wrong way into starvation mode and your weight loss will reduce. It seems crazy but its true - I've tried it.

Do a little bit every day if you must & it makes you feel good, but certainly don't obsess. If you start to feel tired, weak or dizzy then you are probably doing too much - likewise if your weight loss starts to reduce.

starvation???????? uummmmm......would the weight come off quicker????!!!!!

a lot slower actually. your body thinks you are starving it and hangs on to every tiny little bit of fat it can as a survival technique...

abz xx

Back