How much exercise are you doing?

When you go into starvation mode your body does everything it can to preserve energy. It starts shutting down non-essential stuff.

Result is your metabolism slows right down so you are burning fewer calories going about your normal day to day activities.

You can also feel sluggish, muzzy-headed tired and/or dizzy. Its your body's way of trying to tell you to sit down or lie down and conserve your energy.

This is not at all healthy for your body. If you keep your metabolism low for too long, it may not recover when you start eating again. This means that you will put on weight even faster and on less food than you did before

Also while in starvation mode your body can start to use up muscle tissue for energy instead of fat, so you end up looking thinner but still as flabby, which is not a good look.

The starvation response is the main reason why many fitness professionals and some health professionals are dead against VLCDs. Cambridge's response is that they have developed a scientific formula for avoiding starvation even on very low calories.

Cambridge works if you do it properly. But I think its quite a fine balance. Personally I wouldn't have any fewer than 3 CDs on a less than 1000 calorie day, and I'm also limiting my exercise.

ive had a thread response on another one....i didnt realise all of that..ive only been having 2 shakes and a meal but now understand why i need 3 . i suppose if i am doing a bit of exercise that will help thou.....surely??

Some is fine, but lots is not. You'll have to find out what works for you.

I'm a Personal Trainer and before doing Cambridge my favourite exercise was quite a heavy interval training and weights session in the gym. I can't do those at the moment - they make me feel faint. I do the occasional bit of light cardio & some swimming.

did an hour last night on the wii, did 20 mons of free step which is really low impact but at least if anything will tone my legs.. i like the jogging as well and the hula hoop is knackering!!im doing a bit every other day....

I know what you mean - that's in the back of everyone's mind I think.....it's one big step to lose it, but to keep it off is the ultimate step.

Back