How much exercise...?

glitzy

Hello
Ive just joined SW last night and Ive just received the Josie Gibson dvd :rolleyes: should I leave the exercise for a few weeks until I get my head round the diet?? Or should I just start doing the dvd..?? Maybe even 3 times a week?? Any advice would be helpful for me :D

I have abut of weight to lose... about 4.5 stone!!

Hey :)

I think it depends what you feel you can do at the moment. Maybe try out the DVD but instead of worrying about doing it for a definitive time period just do it until you feel tired or like you've had a good workout?

Maybe try doing some walking too on top of it, that way you are still getting some exercise in while you are getting your head around the plan itself :)

Doing exercise alongside the plan will only do good :) as while you will lose weight just with the healthy eating exercising will increase those losses, build strength and help to tone up as you go along :)

Good luck!
Katie. Xx

Earlier U start exercise with the plan the better :)

Ive only just started sw and I have just been using youtube to find random workouts and joining in as much as I can lol at the moment im only lasting about 10mins lol anything is better then sitting down though :)

I fell in love with exercise when I started SW. I never moved before. I wouldnt even walk to town, we always got taxi's and it's less than 8 minutes to walk, no wonder I was so big. I walk everywhere now. Started off really slow. Just 5 minutes a day and gradually built it up over time. Now I'm not happy unless I've done at least an hours walking and 5-10k on my exercise bike every day. You really do notice a difference even after 2 weeks. I tried the DVD route. Got myself Zumba 2 on the Wii but failed miserably. It was really hard keeping up with 2 left feet. :D

Good luck xx

I joined slimming world Tuesday and ive been walking and doing zumba on the wii this week to try and get my fitness up, then im going start getting some exercise dvds out and doing them. X

I'd just start the DVD. No point putting it off. You'll get better results from the diet. If the exercise makes you hungry just grab some fruit or super free veg

My advice is to start ASAP. I exercised whilst on my journey to target. I've lost 3 stone 2 pounds and my body looks so much firmer and I have muscle definition. I do exercise a lot, between 6-8 hours when working and 8-10 when on school holidays but I love it!

I incorporated exercise into my every day routine rather than having set sessions. I took my dogs for a slightly longer walk each day, parked at the furthest side of the car park, took the stairs instead of the lift etc. I'd say if you feel like doing it, go for it.

For me though, I'm prone to an all or nothing attitude. If I'd joined the gym at the same time as starting sw I probably would've stuck at it for a couple of weeks then jacked it in. I decided on one step at a time, but everyone is different. For example I stopped smoking in November last year and only started sw in February, because I wanted to tackle the smoking before I tackled my bad diet.

Hi everyone, ive been following SW for nearly 4 weeks now and have been wondering what to do about exercise too. My losses are really slow (5lb week one and 1lb a week since) but i was thinking of holding off the exercise until i plateau - is this a good idea? Thank you!

Back