How much fibre do you take?

AlexIce

Silver Member
My fibre arrived today and it says not to exceed two teaspoons a day but do you take two a day or one a day usually? Do you have one spoon in a soup or do you split it up and have half a spoon in each soup/shake?
Advice please :)

Hey AlexIce,

I was advised to have one teaspoon a day (in a shake/soup) although I think I have to up my intake..it's not really enough :( lol

Hi guys - i am having BIG issues in that department at the moment... this morning was the first time since 5 days.... i just had to take a fibre supplement last night (double dose so .8 carbs and 14 kals) made from wheat dextrin and is supposed to be "all natural" with no sugar or sweetners - it just dissapears into my glass... might see the chemist to see what else i can do as it is def not healthy! I am worried thought that this extra little bit of cals and carb will hinder my SS'ing???? Any suggestions are very welcome!! thanks Kat

Hi kittycat

Don't know but 'bumping' this as hopefully one of our knowledgeable folks will have an answer for you!

Can I pipe up here

I don't know why but I've never had issues with poo's LOL I'm 4 packs a day that includes a bar since day dot wondering if that helps ???

Just thinking maybe having couple of bars a week could help people???

X

I didn't have issues for the first 8 weeks and then it turned into complete hell.
I hope this fibre stuff helps cos I don't want this pain again! err TMI here so don't read on if you are squeamish.

my skin actually tore!

oh jeez. eek.
i had a similar experience (but not to that extent)... it was the most horrific pain i've ever encountered. I cried. Like a baby. On the loo. I'm a grown woman ffs.

Even my OH was concerned... he checked on my about half a dozen times... i was in there for ages.

Not funny.

Lynne
x

Oh yes i once poooed out something that felt like it was covered in glass??? and yes i bled too!! not good

wasnt on cd at the time lol

oh dear - sorry you two had bad experiences too - but kinda glad it's not just me - so.... what did you do to fix the problem?

the fibre 87 hasn't been helping me.

(please don't read further if you're squeamish)

really painful and bloody the other day. i was so close to crying ><

oh dear - very sorry to hear that Mince - sounds like a trip to the doctors for some other remedy might be a good idea.
Let's hope we both get answers soon.

I resorted to Ducolax... two did the trick... and then i bought that Fibre 87... i really didn't take it every day tho...

I am much better now thankfully. But i'm not SS (or SS+).

It was nasty when it happened tho.

Lynne
x

Back